Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
Are you a passionate and creative marketing professional with a strong command of social media? We are seeking a Social Media Lead to join our marketing team and lead efforts in growing awareness for Outschool and engagement via owned social media channels. As our Social Media Lead, you’ll be responsible for bringing to life integrated campaigns in social media channels, creating and executing social media strategies, building and maintaining our brand’s online reputation, and fostering meaningful connections with our audience. If you’re a creative and data-driven individual with a passion for storytelling and a knack for staying ahead of social trends, this role offers an exciting opportunity to scale Outschool’s social media presence.
- As a channel owner, develop and implement comprehensive social media strategies aligned with business goals, including identifying target audiences and content themes, evaluating new channel opportunities, and driving social media key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Create engaging, high-quality content across various platforms, including text, images, videos, and infographics, to maintain a consistent brand voice and narrative.
- Oversee social media moderation and community management, which includes engaging with followers and responding to comments.
- Monitor and analyze social media performance metrics to track the effectiveness of campaigns, identify trends, and make data-driven recommendations for optimization.
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends and best practices across platforms, providing insights and recommendations for incorporating new channels and technologies into our social media strategy.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of organic social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok and their role in the overall marketing mix.
- Proven track record of owning and scaling large brand channels and driving engagement on social media.
- Demonstrated excellence in copywriting and asset creation, including graphic design and video editing.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to make informed decisions, optimize strategies, and achieve measurable results.
- A highly adaptable and scrappy mindset, with a willingness to experiment, take calculated risks, and think outside the box regarding how to capture our target audience’s attention.
- Familiarity with or management of online communities and brand ambassadors
- A plus if you have experience in education or parenting industries
- Being comfortable on camera is a big plus!
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. For New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $130,000-150,000 USD.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $117,000-$135-000.