Poll Everywhere is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help us in our push to support multi-region Kubernetes clusters, specifically expanding to the EU region. You will help answer tough questions surrounding deployments, backups, and monitoring of multiple clusters. We currently use TypeScript, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Docker to support our presentation platform.
The SRE team at Poll Everywhere is highly cross-collaborative, working closely with the other engineering teams and supporting them in building asset pipelines, CI, and deployment automation. At Poll Everywhere we are serious about helping our engineers meet their career goals. We have a long history of seeking out growth opportunities aligned with individual interests and promoting internally often. Whether it’s leading a project, establishing an elegant pattern to solve a common problem, or refining an interface so users can get their work done more quickly and enjoyably, we’ll find the right team for you. Poll Everywhere has an excellent track record of being a place to deepen your product development and engineering skills.
Poll Everywhere is looking forward to a refreshed mission to make presentations more inclusive. We believe that having our product in use at more of the 17 billion meetings a year in the F1000 would change those organizations through the inclusion of more voices. Our platform enables presenters to create interactive questions, word clouds, discussions, and competitions that their audience can respond to using any device. Founded in 2008, we now support millions of users worldwide from educational institutions to household companies such as Google, AT&T, and Target.
- Implement a new deployment strategy to support multi-region production Kubernetes clusters to support our expanding Enterprise clients.
- Monitor and maintain multiple Kubernetes clusters
- Develop Service Level Objectives (SLOs) to improve our performance visibility and reliability
- The engineering team is our primary customer, improve their deployment experience whenever possible
- Optimize Continuous Integration (CI) workflows
- Improve and maintain our custom TypeScript deployment tools
- Automate as much as possible using Terraform and CloudFormation
- Reduce disaster recovery complexity and recovery time
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Skills that you need to be successful in the role
- 3+ years coding in a general-purpose language (for example: TypeScript, Ruby, Python, Golang, Rust, etc.)
- 3+ years working with Docker and multi-stage builds
- Experience with one of the major cloud infrastructure vendors – AWS, Azure, GCE
Nice to have’s
- Writing Infrastructure as Code utilizing Terraform and/or CloudFormation, etc.
- Networking experience with IP routing, firewalls and knowledge about general security practices.
- Managed Kubernetes clusters in a production environment
- Database experience with one of the big RDBMS (MySQL, MS SQL, Postgres) is a plus
Total rewards & salary at Poll Everywhere
- At Poll Everywhere we offer a comprehensive total reward and total cash compensation package.
Our total rewards package includes medical, dental, and vision benefits – We cover 100% of your premiums for the basic plan and 50% for dependents’ medical enrollment. We offer a PPO and an HSA/FSA. Up to a $100 monthly company match to your Health Care FSA or HSA account.
A PollEvian’s total cash compensation package is composed of two parts: a base salary and a potential 8% company-wide end-of-year bonus on top of the base salary.
- Our salary ranges take into account a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: the breadth and number of direct years of experience for the role we are hiring for within the SaaS industry, based on our company size. All salaries at Poll Everywhere also have a geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled.
- The hiring salary range for this role is $165,000 to $185,000 annually in most geographic locations across the United States. At the time of your initial call with our talent team please be ready to confirm your current location.
From us to you!
- 🏖️ Summer Fridays – 4-day work weeks for 12 weeks total from May-August 2023
- 🖥️ $500 work-from-home stipend to get you set up for 2023 ($200 annual WFH stipend for all PollEvians after their first year)
- 👩🏻🏫 $1,000 annual self-development budget + 2 additional days of PTO
- 💰$150/month internet & personal cell phone reimbursement
- ☕️ Monthly coffee and or tea subscription 🍵
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do PollEvians. We want to work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds who put a lot of care and pride into their work. We’re committed to providing you with opportunities to learn, and we’re looking to hire people with good judgment.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.