Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
As the Sr. Workday Analyst you will support the business analysis, project support and coordination of HR Systems. Analyzes existing functionality, recommends process improvements and feature implementations to improve productivity of the department. Creates production and ad-hoc reporting of human resources related information for use within human resources and internal company departments. Participates in HR data governance to ensure effective use of the system and data.
- Recommend process improvements and innovative or alternative solutions. Provide advice and options on the best way to automate processes in the system
- Support management of Workday configuration, security administration, data audits and corrections, system updates, and overall functionality of the system including production and non-production tenants
- Provide Workday training to support users’ roles and strengthen the organization’s ability to effectively and efficiently use Workday
- Manage Workday updates and releases and assist with testing as required.
- Participate in all phases of system and integration testing, as required, including creation of test scenarios, performing functional tests, support of users during testing and defect resolution
- Assist in scheduled and ad-hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen
- Support HCM efforts including but not limited to payroll, timekeeping, benefits and integrations. Review, test, and implementation of bi-annual Workday releases, Lead on determining impact, presenting suggested new features in detail with final recommendations to management on which to implement
- Support all Workday users through daily operational support, such as troubleshooting problems, answering system-related questions, delegating access, creating and/or modifying reports, resetting passwords, and providing end-user training, as needed
- Assist in development of Workday business processes in HCM, Payroll, Recruiting, Benefits, Talent management, and Advanced compensation
- Create custom reports and dashboards in Workday using composite, matrix and trending reports, while having the ability to create/modify calculated fields
- Serve as functional expert of HR reporting, including maintaining metrics, analyses and/or dashboards to support business needs
- Document report requirements, develop/maintain reports, analyze data, and summarize top findings that impact decisions
- Leverage Workday and Excel skills to develop reports for leaders using a variety of data sources
- Develop and interpret reports which clearly and concisely show key workforce trends and opportunities
Data Governance / Security
- Manages security, privacy and authentication issues in partnership with IT.
- Security administration and audit compliance
- Provide functional support for master data governance and master data troubleshooting
- Lead and support HR regarding enhancements, inquiries, errors and data issues
- Maintains data integrity by running queries, analyzing data, and coordinating issue resolution efforts
- Data migration and validation from various sources
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 4 + years of advanced HR System experience; Workday system administration required
- System implementation experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Workday business processes, configuration and integrations
- Expert knowledge of HR business processes; ability to document business processes generate clear and understandable business requirement
- System implementation experience preferred
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized with the ability to prioritize independently while demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous customer service
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.