We are seeking applicants located US & Canada with authorization to work in those countries.
Universal Tennis Overview:
Universal Tennis is on a mission to grow the sport of tennis by connecting players globally through level-based play, innovative events and a digital marketplace. We are both a technology and tennis event company. Our innovative tools and technology make tennis better for all players and providers, with our gold-standard UTR tennis rating system at the core, powering level-based play around the globe. We proudly operate the UTR Pro Tennis Tour with Federations and venues to support aspiring pro players and provide new pathways for competitive juniors. To learn more, visit www.universaltennis.com.
The Company is Silicon Valley based, profitable, high-growth and backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Ken Hao (Chairman, Silver Lake Partners); Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CTO of Oracle); TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic (20-time Grand Slam Champion); Mark Leschly (CEO of Universal Tennis, Founder & Managing Partner of Iconica Partners, Managing Partner of Rho Capital Partners); Tennis Channel / Sinclair; Tennis Australia (operators of the Australian Open); and many others.
In this role you will:
- Design scaleable frontend architectures and lead implementation across engineering teams
- Work on new development initiatives to bring new and improved mobile first/responsive tennis experiences for both players and providers. Examples include leagues, group messaging, player monetization, gamification, rewards and more
- Collaborate with engineering leadership and product management to establish development plans, timelines, and best practices
- Suggest continuous improvements in user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
- Build features that delight users and get more people playing tennis!
- 8+ years of architecting & developing front-end web applications
- Expertise in caching, minification, bundling techniques (Webpack) to improve front end performance.
- Experience with user interface design
- Proficiency with Redux
- Experience building mobile first/responsive UI/UX using HTML5, CSS3 and frameworks like Bootstrap, CSS Pre/Post processors, and build tools (Babel, Webpack, etc)
- Experience optimizing Core Web Vitals
- Previous marketplace, ecommerce experience
- Track record of focusing on software performance, scalability, and security
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban and other agile methodologies
- Experience and excitement for working on small teams with startup DNA
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently to dive deep and solve tough problems
- Propensity to seek out, accept and integrate feedback professionally
- Self-motivated, quick/continuous learner with a passion for innovation
- Authorization to work in the United States
Nice to have
- Experience with Azure – App Services, Functions, Data Factory etc all a plus
- Experience with Relational Databases (SQL Server and/or MySQL) and an understanding of Document or No-SQL databases
- Experience with micro frontend architectures
- Sports fan and/or Tennis player
Universal Tennis is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA but this position is fully remote. We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and generous PTO. Our benefits include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Unlimited Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home