Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven company that is trans-founded and focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the trans community, supporting a bold, authentic and healthy lifestyle. We hope to make gender-affirming hormone therapy easily accessible at the touch of a button in every state of the US.
We are rapidly expanding and are now available to more than 1 million trans individuals and have built a team that is more than 50% trans. We are an organization by and for trans folks and we want heart-forward awesomely talented teammates to join us on our journey.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to work on our Product team. What does the future of gender-affirming care look like? What does a comfortable telemedicine patient experience look like? How can we better serve diverse members of the trans community?
You should be excited about these sorts of problems, and the idea of helping establish and execute a vision for them. This is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of gender-affirming care in a virtual setting.
This role is full-time and fully remote.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design vision, voice, systems, and resources to deliver on our mission
- Work on complex, new features and improve existing experiences as a lead designer with the ability to design and ship high quality product improvements
- Coordinate with product management, engineering, clinical and design peers to create a more cohesive vision of the Plume patient experience
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, Figma prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals with other designers
- Manage other designers on their projects as feedback-giver, collaborator, or mentor; and collaborate with stakeholders and teams to listen to their pain points and provide solutions through design strategy, review, and implementation
- Advance, reflect on, and communicate the patient experience quality and consistency
- A strategic, experienced leader capable of managing a growing design team and roadmap, in a fast-paced, collaborative, and intersectional environment
- The communication skills necessary to translate between the user needs and technical requirements; being able to represent design in different leadership and stakeholder engagements
- Love tackling new and ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- A strong advocate for patient voice, service design and love extracting insights from the team
- Strong interaction design skills (desktop or mobile) and experience leveraging prototyping skills to articulate your designs
- Value high-quality, well-crafted visual design, and care about the details
- Are comfortable leading large projects and design reviews across multiple teams
- Product copywriting is an asset
- Experience with WordPress is an asset
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Designing and optimizing a patient onboarding experience
- Improving chat communication and using data and testing to introduce new features
- Contributing to the Plume design system
- Helping hire, onboard and mentor other product designers
- Competitive Annual Salary DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 18 Company Holidays and Unlimited PTO
- Free mental health support (Betterhelp, Headspace)
- Free Plume Membership
This work is deeply personal and heart-driven, and we want teammates who, above all else, care. We offer an affirming, trans/queer-friendly, culturally inclusive work environment filled with purpose and camaraderie. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read more about Plume here: www.getplume.co