Yahoo Mail is the ultimate consumer inbox with over 220 million users. It’s the best way to access your email and stay organized from a computer, phone or tablet. With its beautiful design and lightning fast speed, Yahoo Mail makes reading, organizing, and sending emails easier than ever.
A Little About Us:
We build, enhance, and maintain one of the highest scaling email platforms on the planet. We are the first component in the mail back end, a middle tier, that contains the APIs and business logic through which virtually all mail operations flow. We implement REST APIs for our world-class mail clients (mobile, web, Yahoo, AOL, etc), standards-based protocols (IMAP, POP, etc) for generic mail clients, and industry leading back-end mail synchronization. We impact approximately 300 Million users every month, serving billions of requests a day across servers across the world, and are critical to Yahoo’s success. We do this on highly scalable applications in private and public clouds, that we are in the process of transforming to 100% native cloud.
Come join this amazing team of Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to work on next generation innovative experiences transforming how users connect with each other every day!
- Design, implement, test, and debug features in mail supporting client features; revise and refine as required
- Request and participate in code reviews
- Participate in agile development with weekly sprints, planning & estimating work, daily standup, & retrospectives
- Learn from a multitude of sources, including on the job project experience, reviewing code from others, team education sessions, collaborating with peers, frequently soliciting advice & shoulder reviews from leaders & architects, as well as online or class-based learning
- Take initiative to identify, solve, and pursue problems you discover to full completion
- Contribute to best practices and work culture of our team
- Promote and solicit ideas within project teams
A Lot About You:
You enjoy solving problems within a collaborative team. You have an interest in the full life-cycle of a product – designing, coding, testing, reviewing, launching, and troubleshooting. You will have the opportunity to participate in projects with significant impact on the success of Yahoo.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals including Data Structures, Algorithms, OS and Networking
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- 2 years of experience leading teams by designing, building scalable high-performing distributed systems
- Experience in cloud native application development and architecture preferably in AWS or GCP
- Experience in OOP. Java or C++ preferred
- REST API (with Jersey and/or Servlets 3.0)
- Multi-threaded programming and/or understanding contention issues
- Large-scale, large user base development
- Web-scale or enterprise-scale development
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $117,000.00 – $243,125.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.