$130000 – $150000 / year
About the Company
Arcules is changing the video surveillance market and moving customers to a smarter, more reliable cloud-based solution. Our company is a technology spin out of Canon Inc. and has seed technology from the Milestone video surveillance division. We are targeting mid-market enterprises looking to interconnect their business locations. Our technology brings video and smart building elements together and our analytics help customers make more informed decisions. Our go-to-market strategy leverages systems integration companies to get our solutions to end customers.
Arcules offers excellent benefits, including top-tier PPO and HMO medical plans, four weeks of vacation, three weeks of sick leave, 401(k) plan after three months of employment (4% company match), an on-site gym and game pavilion, an awesome work environment and more.
We work to maintain company culture for in-office and remote employees with team bonding events like virtual board game nights, online gaming and video cooking classes.
Overview of the Job
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional team environment with other engineers as well as product managers, architects, UX designers and operations teams to deliver top quality cloud based solutions using Agile methodologies. Provide leadership within the product team.
We are open to remote work for this role (US based).
- Architect, develop, troubleshoot and maintain software technologies using microservices design principles, serverless design patterns and event-driven systems
- Act as a team lead on specific projects, and oversee a team of 3-5 software engineers
- Create web applications using modern cloud technology stack including React, Node.JS and Golang
- Provide technical expertise to the customer success team as needed
- Collaborate with other software engineers to deliver on product goals
- Work with other Canon companies to integrate products
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ year of experience working with WebSockets or other protocols
- 4+ years of software development experience with a distinguished track record delivering technically complex enterprise services
- Familiarity with Linux
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- B.S. in Computer Engineering or Science (Masters preferred)
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud platform
- Familiarity with GraphQL and testing frameworks such as Enzyme or Jest
- VMS or Security industry experience
Arcules is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions without regard to an applicant’s race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other protected category. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Arcules is not offering work sponsorships at this time.