Arcules is a US based company with headquarters in Irvine, Southern California. We are establishing a development team in Copenhagen, Denmark and are looking for candidates in Denmark.
You will have the option to onboard in our headquarters for 4-6 weeks and can enjoy sunny Southern California after work and on weekends!
Overview of the Job
At Arcules, we are continuing to expand our platform and infrastructure capabilities, and you can be part of that journey. We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer with an aptitude for backend development and a strong interest in Site Reliability Engineering – working with CI/CD and configuration, management and monitoring of cloud infrastructure. You will help lay down the foundation for a small but dynamic team in Denmark. There will be plenty of learning opportunities as well as hands-on involvement to define the setup, working methodologies and prioritization of tasks, and drive forward key projects like integrations, APIs, and more.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative international team that strives to change the way the world looks at cloud based video surveillance. You will work on a modern solution using technologies such as:
- Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Helm, TerraForm, Docker
- SQL, NoSQL, graph and time series databases
- Large scale micro-service architecture with high availability
- High volume real time data flows
- Camera, IoT and access control device integrations
- REST API’s, MQTT, WebRTC, WebSockets and 3rd party integrations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Science with at least 5 years of software development experience
- Experience with HTTP, REST, WebSocket, and other web technologies.
- 5+ years experience with programming in Node.js, Java, Python, Golang or C++
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Docker and Kubernetes expertize
- Strong interest in CI/CD, infrastructure as code and configuration management tools (e.g. Terraform, Chef, Ansible)
- Advanced level of Linux/Unix experience
- Practical experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- VMS or security industry experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Working proficiency in English, both verbally and in writing