Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Senior Software Engineer, Architecture is a member of an agile team empowered to drive the product’s direction and evolution. You are passionate about new technologies and methodologies that are passionate about solving sophisticated problems in a collaborative work environment. The Senior Software Engineer values code ownership from development through deployment. You enjoy autonomy in solving problems, loves to spend time mastering their craft and is all about building a product that allows customer to innovate faster.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the design, development and implementation of the Jama platform using modern technologies.
- Be a key contributor to craft and development decisions.
- Collaborate with engineers,Product Managers and Quality Assurance engineers to develop multi-tier, multifaceted application layer framework and functional components, following coding, documentation and design standards.
- Innovate, design and develop extensible and reusable applications to specification, for the enterprise suite with quality, performance, and scalability being your #1 priority.
- Guide and mentor others in effective development practices.
- Participate and be effective at pair-programing and code reviews, both giving and receiving feedback.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience with web applications, especially Java/J2EE architectures and technologies like Docker, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate.
- 4+ years’ experience building and supporting scalable applications utilizing a service-based architecture (SOA, Microservices, etc.).
- 3+ years’ experience designing, building, and supporting multi-user, high-transaction systems.
- 2+ years working with AWS technologies.
- 4+ years working with database systems such as MySql, SQLServer, Postgres, etc.
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with continuous integrations tools (TeamCity, Maven, WebPack, etc.).
- Have a passion for technology in all layers of the application with a slight lean towards back-end development.
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience in a start-up is a plus.
Perks and Benefits:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and hard-working leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
If you get to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Jama Software’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.