We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Engineering team
Our Software Engineering team is dedicated to building the world’s most predictive, inclusive, and fair interviewing products for our clients and technical candidates alike.
What you will do
As a Senior Software Engineer at Karat, you will work on an exciting mission with a highly collaborative team and relatable product. As a vital member of our growing company, you will work closely with leaders and members of other R&D teams (including Analysts, Data Scientists, Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers). You will work hands-on in the building of products that directly serve engineers, candidates, and internal teams as we scale. Your work will be the bridge between users, providing the backbone of our platform.
- Develop Rails web applications, and test them with Cypress and @testing-library.
- Lay the foundation for Karat’s new systems while revamping the Company’s existing codebase.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners of Analysts, Data Scientists, Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers, to build powerful and easy-to-use products and customer-facing workflow.
- Contribute to the further development of effective engineering processes that ensure products have high-quality code with minimal defects.
- Deliver complex projects that fall into your team’s area on time and with high-quality.
- Own projects from design to release, including communication with stakeholders.
The experience you will bring
- Experience building, testing, and maintaining large scale and mature frontend systems
- History mentoring frontend software engineers (at all experience levels)
- Experience with responsive frontend engineering, building reusable component libraries and accessible user experiences
- Experience with web optimization and performance
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
This is a full-time, salary position. Immigration sponsorship is available.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.).
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karat is an E-Verify company.