Overview

Are you looking for a team that gives you the autonomy to lead with your expertise and build features the way you think is best? Want to partner with a top notch QA automation team that ensures quality in the features we deliver?  Need a team that’s been able to remain quick, agile and connected even as we’ve transitioned and grown from a startup? Are you looking for a team where learning is continuous and new approaches are encouraged?  Then let’s talk about you joining Dispatch…

Dispatch is a technology-based company that redefines the way same-day deliveries are made in the B2B space. With our network of independent contractor drivers, Dispatch puts suppliers, businesses, and technicians in control of local deliveries with real-time tracking and transparency. We strive to deliver the best value and service to our customers every day

We believe that product development is more fun when deploying early and often, splitting up work into bite-sized chunks and getting feedback from real users as quickly as possible.  We also believe that a single engineer should be empowered to develop a feature from start to finish and that the technology stack should be simple enough to make that realistic.

The Job …

  • You’ll work in the full stack. For us, that’s Ruby on Rails for backend and React for frontend.
  • You’ll collaborate with Product Managers and other Engineers to develop brand new features (80%-90% of your work) and improvements to existing functionality (the other 10%-20% of time)
  • You’ll participate in code reviews to maintain internal standards for style, maintainability, alignment and best practices.
  • You’ll build high quality features that meet business objectives with a focus on usability
  • You’ll deploy your projects to production frequently and monitor the results to ensure quality and positive outcome
  • You’ll act ethically and comply with legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, inclusivity, innovation, and creativity
  • Full-time exempt that reports to the Manager, Software Engineering

You Have…

  • 5+ years of professional experience developing software.
  • Proficiency in an object oriented programming languages (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP, Groovy, Java, and/or .net)
  • Experience working in an agile, iterative software development process
  • A track record of learning new technologies on the fly and finding the right tool for the job
  • Strong interpersonal skills that will keep you productive on a fast moving team

Even if you don’t match 100% of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply so that we may possibly talk and see how you could still contribute to Dispatch in meaningful ways!

Bonus Points…

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
  • Experience working with React Native, iOS, Android, ElasticSearch, Google Maps APIs
  • Strong interest in training and mentoring junior developers through discussions and pair programming

Why Here…

  • Rich healthcare benefits, including multiple medical plan options (even one with 100% employer-paid premiums), dental and vision plans, HSA/FSA, and employer-paid life and long term disability insurance.
  • 401(k) retirement plan with company matching of 50%, up to 6%
  • Fully remote work for all roles
  • Remote work technology stipend
  • Generous paid parental leave
  • Unlimited PTO to cover vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days + company holidays
  • Learning & development reimbursement stipend up to $500
  • Company match days throughout the year for employees who give to the non-profit of their choice through Cauze
  • Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are vital to our priorities, and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure EDI is embedded in all processes and programs at Dispatch. Our employee-led EDI board and committee are continuously looking at new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
  • You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
  • Even with all of our growth, we maintain a strong focus on our company culture: Our culture is shaped by our five core values: People First, Belief, Speed to Value, Driven to Deliver, and Transparency