About the job
At Fluxx, our mission is to be the leading collaborative grantmaking platform that amplifies impact in our global communities. We’re a mission-driven business making an impact in philanthropy, and our cloud platform enables the end-to-end grantmaking process for funders and doers. We volunteer, serve our community, and we’re committed to building a team of outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We are looking for the best talent to continue to drive our mission forward.
In the role of Senior Software Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in building high-quality, innovative, and performant software that aligns with industry standards and best practices.
This is a full-time exempt and remote position. Candidates must be located in the United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical leadership, bringing best engineering practices to all phases of large-scale engineering initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, designers, QA, and product managers
- Design and execute new user-facing features and applications
- Building test automation to ensure quality release after release
- Lead initiatives to refactor, re-engineer, and reimagine our platform
- Produce high-quality software that is well designed, fully unit tested and passes peer code review
- Deliver projects with high quality and at a rapid cadence
What you bring to the team:
- Experience as a full-stack engineer (frontend + backend development).
- At least 4 years of experience building, fixing, and scaling web apps
- Desire to learn and mentor
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with SQL and Unix
- A deep foundation in computer science with a strong understanding of data structures, and algorithms
- Dedication to writing maintainable, fast, beautiful code including documentation
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly
You’ll have a better chance of success given experience with:
- Large refactoring/re-engineering projects
- Working in at least some of our stack:
- Ruby, Rails
- jQuery, React
- Redis, Resque
- Devops and AWS
- RESTful APIs
At Fluxx, we’re looking for people with grit and passion about Fluxx’s vision to become THE company that changes Philanthropy forever. We encourage you to apply – even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out especially if your career path is unique.