Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join the infrastructure team. The infrastructure team is focused on two things:
Firstly, the team is creating and maintaining a coherent effective infrastructure as a code. Secondly, they are enabling other teams to deliver sustainable software by providing self-service infrastructure and easy ways to build, deploy and monitor their business applications. Furthermore, enabling the Billie team to establish SRE practices, including defining and measuring SLOs. Our motto is “Automate or die”!
- Run our infrastructure with Ansible, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- Automate or kill anything that you do more than once.
- Work together with different engineering teams.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow Billie to scale.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Plan the growth of Billie’s infrastructure.
- Be on an on-call duty rotation to respond to Billie availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) products or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) products is a must.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation with Terraform.
- Expertise with CI/CD.
- Experience with Kubernetes and container technologies.
- Hands-on experience at least in one scripting language Java, Python or Golang.
- Enjoy working with Open Source tools, you value automation and reproduction above everything.
- Relevant degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar educational background.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Proven experience building microservices and knowledge of microservices patterns.
- Experience with writing production code on high availability systems.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to B2B customers is a big plus.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 35 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?