Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the management of Billie’s Site Reliability Engineering Team. You will inspire, manage and grow a group of talented engineers, fostering engagement, efficiency and happiness, working closely to bring us closer to true Platform Engineering concepts and setup.
The SRE team’s goal is to enable all Billie’s teams to build, test, run and monitor their services. This means not only providing Infrastructure and Development Tools, but really thriving to create self-service capabilities in the form of an internal platform for our developers.
Your team will rely on you for their personal and professional development, performance management, and day-to-day guidance. Additionally, you will influence the team’s way of working through involvement in architectural decisions and delivery planning.
- Owning the SRE function and ensuring industry-leading practices for your team and for Billie
- Challenging and enabling the team on technological and architectural decisions
- Ensuring on-time delivery of the backlog with an end-to-end view of the roadmap
- Growing our engineers in their technical and soft skills. Ensuring your teams stay happy, healthy and productive
- Coaching & challenging the engineers on their journey to the next level, while cultivating a culture of ownership, customer centricity, mastery and purpose
- Acting as an interface between strategy and delivery. Work with the leadership team, translate and cascade the vision and business priorities to your team
- Collaborate with People team in the hiring and onboarding processes
Billie is moving fast towards a microservice architecture. The services talk to each other using REST, RabbitMQ and GraphQL. Data is stored in MySQLl and SnowFlake. It lives in AWS. We have no legacy code and we are always eager to update our stack to the newest versions. Visit our tech radar for more info on our technologies.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have 7+ years of development experience, preferably working as a DevOps or SRE engineer
- You have 5+ years experience successfully managing teams of 3-8 engineers on large-scale projects
- Your experience includes technical deep-dives and production troubleshooting in the areas of: distributed systems, programming, configuration management, networking, storage, and operating systems
- A strong desire to automate
- Full professional proficiency in the English language
- A strong bias to automating security across all environments
- Experience working with microservices and distributed systems.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Billie is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in our workplace. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost motivation and team creativity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, gender, political views, beliefs, sexual orientation, color, disability status, or any other demographic factors.