Since experience comes in many forms, and imposter syndrome is real, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you check every box. Many skills are transferable and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Novi, our mission is to enable the future of consumer product development for a healthier people and planet.
As consumers continue to demand greater transparency and accountability for the products they use, sustainability is no longer optional. That’s why we’ve built a data-rich marketplace and formulation tools that have enabled consumer brands to bring thousands of products to market with more sustainable ingredients and packaging. While our roots are in the wellness and personal care category, we’re growing to serve a broader set of markets, including household cleaning, food, and more.
The opportunity in front of us is vast (a $1.5T market), our mission is urgent, and we’re well-funded by top-tier VC firms (Defy, Greylock, and Tiger Global) making the investments required to achieve it. We’re looking for talented people passionate about sustainability to join us in building the future of consumer product development. If that’s you, let’s talk!
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for our first Senior Sales Executive – Supplier Partnerships to drive new business efforts with the chemical manufacturers that supply our marketplace. You’ll report directly to our Head of Strategy and Supply, working in close partnership to build and execute a playbook for acquiring more suppliers and growing our catalog of raw trade materials that brands can use to formulate their next product.
The ideal candidate has a mix of business development, sales, and partnerships experience across Midmarket and Enterprise accounts. You’re a savvy Sales/BD “athlete” who thrives in early-stage still-building-the-playbook environments, can confidently manage pipelines and close deals, and engage strategically to build long-term relationships and trust in larger organizations. You’re energized by your work with external prospects and customers — and then just as energized to bring your market insights back to Novi so we can improve the product-market fit of our offerings.
- Identify, target, and acquire new suppliers to sell on Novi by leading a full BD/Sales cycle, from lead identification to deal closure and onboarding
- Develop and execute Novi’s sales/BD playbook across Enterprise, Midmarket, and SMB suppliers and distributors
- Build trust with customers and propsects by building in-person relationships, challenging the old way of operating, and helping them strengthen their indie business
- Provide customer and market insight back to Novi’s leadership, product, and operations teams to help shape of offerings
- Continually assess the industry landscape, market demand, and innovations to keep strategies and tactics relevant
- Strengthen Novi’s market awareness, presence, and credibility by attending industry events
- 5+ years of midmarket and enterprise sales, business development, and/or partnership experience in an early-stage growth environment, selling tech into companies that have not traditionally been tech-forward
- Track record of building and iterating on sales and/or BD playbooks, not just “rinse and repeating” existing playbooks
- Demonstrated ability to sell the value of a continuously evolving product, and channel customer/market feedback effectively back into product & strategy to accelerate our path to product-market fit
- A great listener who can internalize prospects’ needs, challenges, and desires, and map that back to Novi’s offering and potential future offerings
- A great communicator – and especially adept at adapting the messaging to different stakeholders, personas, and business structures to build trust
- Comfortable and skilled at challenging prospects’ traditional ways of operating with data and POV in a manner that builds trust and credibility
- Creative in how you apply sales techniques to create urgency to acquire and activate new customers
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited about meeting the demands of a fast-paced startup environment
- Relentless and resilient – won’t let anything get in your way as we encounter all the challenges of changing behavior and transforming an industry
- Strong written and verbal communicator and collaborator
- Willing to do up to 20% travel
- Experience selling in/around chemicals and/or another regulated industry
Life at Novi
At Novi, we believe in self care and bringing our best selves to work. Novi’s early team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and domains, and we will continue to foster diversity and inclusion, since it is critical to achieving our mission. Come join us in building the future of consumer product development.
Full Time Employees at Novi enjoy:
Unlimited vacation time
Monthly flexible spend on PerkUp, covering anything from your cell phone bill to meals on Postmates
Remote hardware setup and WFH stipend
Robust paid parental/foster/adoption leave
Competitive salary, benefits, and equity packages for all employees