Reports to: Senior Director of Sales – AUS
Location: Remote Australia only
Compensation Range: $200,000 to $220,000 AUD base salary, commission, and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress team is looking for a highly motivated and collaborative Senior Sales Engineer with excellent communication skills and the ability to think and act quickly. As the Senior Sales Engineer at Huntress you will serve as the subject matter expert in technical pre-sales. You will be responsible for assisting our Account Executives in the sales process as well as assisting customers with technical first impressions of our product platform. As a Senior Sales Engineer you will effectively dive into details of our products and provide insightful assistance on how to level up our customers’ security posture.
- Articulate security problems to a diverse set of audiences
- Partner with customers to help increase their technical security understanding
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing, Support, and Engineering on voicing customers’ technical needs
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Able to spot opportunities for improvement in the sales and technical process that may be in need of improvement
- Spot opportunities for improvement in a fast-moving environment
- Comfortable traveling up to 25% of the time and meeting face to face with customers
- Comfortable giving technical presentations regarding our product to large groups
What You Bring To The Team:
- 7+ years of experience working as a Sales engineering or in a similar role
- Experience in endpoint or network security space – eg. AV, EDR, incident response, forensics, SIEM, firewall, HIPS/IDS, etc
- Experience working in or with MSPs and/or VARs
- Experience with malware, threat intelligence, and/or sandbox analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including C-level executives
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and Bash
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with MSP tools such as RMMs and PSAs
What We Offer:
- Fully remote work
- New starter home office set up allowance ($712 AUD)
- Generous personal leave entitlements
- Digital monthly reimbursement ($97 AUD)
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
People from all culturally diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.