THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) disrupted the mattress industry by offering a customer-focused, digitally-native alternative to traditional mattress chains. Since then, more and more similar brands have followed in our wake presenting new challenges and a different type of customer confusion. With people at the heart of everything we do, we know it’s now time for us to define our next chapter. Rest should be a universal right and with that as our North Star, we are setting out to radically reshape how the world thinks about sleep and the impact it can have in our lives. But our success in making great products and exceptional experiences depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life because we know a diverse environment is essential to our success in making better sleep accessible to all.
Want to use your unique worldview to help shape the future of Tuft & Needle? Join us. We’re just getting started.
From inception to production, Tuft & Needle software engineers are fully invested in the solutions we build. At T&N, you will be working in an environment consisting primarily of React, SCSS, Ruby, Rails, and Postgres, and deployed to Heroku and Vercel. We use Buildkite and Cypress for continuous integration and believe strongly in continuous deployment. We collaborate across quality engineering, platform engineering, and product engineering. We have a platform and architecture team focused on making this flow nice for you! We believe in leveraging quality APIs and tools. Together with stakeholders across the organization you will have the opportunity to impact how our millions of customers connect, explore and interact with our products every day.
What you will do
- Be a domain leader in changing software while considering all elements of successful launch and use
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Take opportunities to mentor and guide newer engineers on the path
- Leads initiatives & meetings within team and domain. Regularly leads multi-person, multi-week projects.
- Collaborate with peers to level up skill sets and code quality across your domain team
- Work closely with other teams to solve cross-functional problems and create compelling experiences for both internal and external users.
- Work closely with principal engineers to ensure all projects align with ongoing broad, cross-cutting infrastructure projects.
- Develop soft skills and a user-focused, team-first approach to software development
- Cross-geo collaboration with engineering team members across Tuft & Needle.
- Participate in and drive design reviews and customer requirement gathering.
- Work with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems with middleware while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
- Estimate efforts, based on iterative learning. Set realistic deadlines that drive effort and support healthy work habits. Cut scope as needed, mitigating risk by shipping frequently
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal team members in order to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application.
- 3+ years of experience working in a tech environment similar to what’s described above
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and tools with similar patterns and architectures
- Experience with building eCommerce applications.
- Passion for Test Driven Development. We use RSpec, Cucumber, Jest, and Cypress
YOU’LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You’ll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We’re very proud to work with each other. We’re shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at email@example.com