It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
Yahoo’s Global Network team is looking for a highly technical Senior Production Engineer on the network automation team to drive programmability and the innovation of our 100+Tb global network. You will be a key contributor to the efforts to bridge the gap and bring awareness between the network and application stack to increase network intelligence.
- Continually works to improve automation in the areas of deployment, monitoring, and recovery.
- Development of solutions for automation of system provisioning and deployment on both public and private clouds.
- Research, design, develop and implement solutions for fault, performance, capacity and monitoring.
- Working in a CI/CD environment with a dedicated team of engineers and technologies including AWS, Chef, Docker, Packer, Ansible, Screwdriver, Kafka, MySQL, Redis and more.
- Develop and deploy new tools for the automation of configuration management processes
- Innovate new ways to improve day-to-day operations, monitoring,
- Support new product development initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Production Engineering/SRE/DevOps
- Experience managing a large, scalable production environment on either private or public (AWS/Azure/GCP, etc) clouds
- Hands on Linux administration experience, including high availability, configuration, security and patch management
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of Linux network stack, TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS, including how to generate and decipher tcpdump files.
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools.
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby
- Hands on experience with Git
- Experience with real-time monitoring tools such as Splunk & Nagios or other equivalent tools.
- Experience in containerization a plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms a plus
- Experience with Databases (MySQL/NoSQL) preferred
- Ability to participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $117,000.00 – $243,125.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.