At Raken, Inc., we empower the people who build the world. Our goal is to transform the way the world builds by introducing technology to a 7,000 year old industry. To achieve this, we aim to attract unique, passionate people to the cause. We believe that faster, better reporting will improve the working lives of nearly 10% of the US labor force—the percentage of people currently working in construction. Helping turn the worst part of their day into the easiest (and fastest) is why we do what we do!
We are a rapidly growing startup based in Carlsbad, California. We were recognized on the Forbes 2020 list of America’s Best Startup Employers and are ranked no. 1057 on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Companies!
Our Culture is Top Priority – We have a hardworking team that loves to make a significant positive impact and have fun while doing it. Core values we live by: Take Ownership, Elevate Others, Keep Evolving, Stay Balanced, Let’s Go! We invite you to learn more about us: https://www.rakenapp.com/
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team! This role can be fulfilled either in our Carlsbad, California office or remotely.
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs through customer research, user-centered design, and collaboration with customer-facing teams
- Work closely with designers on your team to develop and expand product design systems
- Leverage design sprints framework to properly define problems, quantitative and qualitative research is done, and sketches/wireframes/prototypes are developed to ensure proper execution of work by engineers
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and development teams
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the product team and company leadership
- Own metrics and processes for measuring successful product usage, retention, and engagement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
- Mobile application design experience. Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and user flows for mobile apps
- Expert to advanced knowledge of Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Basic understanding of Web, iOS, and Android front-end languages
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with cross-functional teams
- A quantifiable and verifiable track record of delivering design projects for a SaaS software company
- Demonstration of how you have solved complex problems using a customer-focused, design-first mindset
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Employee Sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision with generous employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO, including 12 Paid Holidays
- 401k Matching
- Continuing education reimbursement opportunities
- Free on-site gym membership
- Monthly Social Events (Happy Hours, Game nights, Lunch & Learns)
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture but is a key contributor to our success. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.