We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our U.S. Backend Development Team at Xsolla! The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, building and improving our existing web-based application codebase to current best practices and test driven standards. The chosen candidate will be expected to provide guidance to the rest of the engineering team in the form of project estimates and peer code review.
- Add new functionality to existing products
- Implement feature requests for our key partners
- Create internal operational tools for products
- Collaborate closely with engineers and other product team members
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Drive impactful technical decisions.
- 3+ years’ experience working in programming or information technology
- Expert knowledge in the following languages and tools (Composer, PHP7+, Frameworks like Symfony, HTML, CSS3 and ES6+)
- Expert knowledge interacting and developing RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge of test driven development utilizing PHPUnit
- Professional knowledge of SQL and MySQL/PostgreSQL database
- Professional knowledge of queues like Redis, RabbitMQ, K8s
- Knowledge in Google Cloud Platform technologies (CloudSQL, PubSub and Cloud Run) or with any other cloud provider
- Familiarity with modern software architecture patterns (DDD, Clean Architecture, etc)
- Solid knowledge of security when it comes to developing web applications
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience working with Agile SCRUM based teams
- BONUS if you have experience or interest in the Go language
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You have deep appreciation of Test Driven Development methodologies
- You want to build amazing software without sacrificing quality
- You are hungry to solve difficult problems
- You want to have input into the overall development of the software
- You want to work with a team that strives to follow best practices
- You are collaborative, willing to teach and learn from others
- You are fun and expect to work with other fun people
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Our Benefits Program includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by its Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla Transaction Engine powers the full suite of cloud-based tools to promote and monetize projects, while Xsolla Business Engine provides clients with the roadmap to maximize those tools, and connect them with industry partnerships to expand their business. The two work seamlessly together — for businesses of all sizes, from indie to enterprise — to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so they can increase their audience, sales and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games and KRAFTON. For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age, Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!