This position is designated as being part of OPEIU (Office Professional Employees International Union, Local 1010), the union that we voluntarily recognized in fall 2021. We are currently still in negotiations for our first CBA (collective bargaining agreement). Once that is signed, there will be union dues or fees associated with this position. The amount of the dues or fees will be set by the union, and we do not yet know what that amount will be.
Code for America believes that our government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century. Since 2011, we’ve worked with thousands of tech industry professionals to help hundreds of governments take a user-centered, iterative, and data-driven approach to solving problems. We believe that government services can and should be as good as the best consumer services: simple, accessible, and easy to use. And when they are, we spend less, get better outcomes, and serve everyone with dignity and respect.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate fundraiser to join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization to help secure millions of dollars of philanthropic revenue. You’ll report to the Senior Director of Development and work with a strong Development team to accomplish ambitious goals.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to manage and implement grant reporting, proposal, and prospect researching processes; grow and refine your fundraising skills; and make a meaningful contribution to an organization making a real difference in people’s lives.
In this position you will:
- Work with a talented team raising millions of dollars in order to help government work for the people who need it most.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual, institutional and government funding prospects capable of making 6+ figure unrestricted gifts as well as gifts for special projects
- Be responsible for securing an annual general operating support revenue goal
- Write concept notes, proposals, reports, and other relevant fundraising materials
- Develop and manage a portfolio of unrestricted funders, including a calendar of funder check-ins, touchpoints, and renewal strategy
- Coordinate the entry of all data in Salesforce with the Development Operations team to ensure all contacts, accounts, opportunities, and other relevant data is accurate and up-to-date
- In partnership with the Prospect Researcher, reach out to, engage, and cultivate new funding prospects
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 6+ years fundraising experience
- Proven ability to meet revenue goals and targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, motivated, and driven with careful attention to detail
- Exceptional project manager who’s capable of driving multiple work streams toward completion and on deadline
- Self-starter who enjoys identifying and cultivating a set of funders from the ground up
- Must be flexible and adaptable, and able to juggle competing priorities and last-minute deadlines
- Highly relational and knows how to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders across an organization
- Stellar team player with no ego or drama. You bring a positive, can-do attitude and a passion for the Code for America mission. You understand and model that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork
- Comfortable and enjoy being in a matrixed, fast paced environment, navigating ambiguity, and working through competing priorities
- Experience with Salesforce is desirable
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with 100% coverage towards select medical, dental and vision plans and contributes 80% of the cost towards dependent and family coverage
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process and $1000 annual budget
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are happy to extend this transparency during the recruitment process. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we aim to target the midpoint of the 2nd quartile of the range for all new hires. The targets for this role are dependent on the market/geographic location. The targets for this role range from $98,175 – $115,500.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.