Poll Everywhere is looking for a Sr. Manager of Customer Success to serve as a front-line manager and dynamic team builder for our customer success department while optimizing our customer experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a proven customer success leader to work with our Director of Customer Success to help refine our customer success strategy, establish best practices and help to enhance our customer success manager framework for engaging and managing our customers. You will manage and guide a team of high-performing Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to ensure customers are well supported and our Customer Success program continues to evolve.
Our CSMs are responsible for developing long-term relationships with enterprise corporate and higher education customers, advocating on their behalf, and fostering their success and growth within Poll Everywhere. As the manager of this team, you will be responsible for the effectiveness and performance of the CSMs by developing their skills, providing support, and servicing as a key escalation resource. We are seeking someone who inspires others to achieve their goals and has the vision to evaluate existing situations and create new approaches.
We are excited to bring in this new role to our Customer Success leadership team, along with our Customer Success Operations Managers and the Director of Customer Success, to enhance our CSM framework and drive strategies for growth and expansion. This role will be instrumental in scaling our customer success program and building a customer success account segmentation model to optimize the end-to-end customer experience.
Objectives of the role
- Work with Customer Success leadership to set the overall vision and strategic plan for the Customer Success team, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, driving growth protecting against churn and down-sell.
- Identify priority areas of growth on our customer success team and actively seek help in bolstering them.
- Seek to solve challenges with our internal processes, customer churn, and blockers for expansion.
- Maintain cultural humility to manage bias and foster inclusive environments. Respect and embrace other people’s experiences and realities.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Coach, mentor, and develop a team of CSMs at various experience levels, to manage the relationships of our customers throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Set expectations, provide goals, and manage priorities for direct reports to contribute to team objectives.
- Lead team meetings, 1:1s with CSMs, and contribute to cross-functional syncs and projects.
- Track success metrics and hold direct reports accountable to key performance indicators that drive our business (GRR, NRR, CSAT).
- Handle customer escalations that originate from the team and use them as coaching opportunities to further develop the team’s skillset.
- Incorporate evolving best practices for managing customers throughout their lifecycle and practice data-driven decision-making to objectively implement new standards for the team.
- Continually refine team processes and look for opportunities to improve best practices. Ensure the team has the tools, systems, and training to be able to execute their responsibilities at a consistently high level.
Quarterly and yearly responsibilities
- Collaborate with peers in Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering to understand and implement programs that increase upsells, and improve the effectiveness and productivity of the customer success team.
- Provide regular, timely, and constructive feedback to the team and lead formal performance reviews.
Skills you need to be successful in the role
- 2-5 years of experience in managing mid- to large-size customer success teams (5-10). We are looking for someone who has experience with performance management and developing teams.
- 5+ years of successful track record in supporting SaaS products in a customer success role, managing company’s largest strategic customers and exceeding success metrics.
- Proven abilities to coach, influence, develop, motivate and empower employees to achieve their best while maintaining high employee morale.
- Experience collaborating with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance teams and developing positive business relationships.
- Experience using a CRM/Success platform to manage day-to-day customer success tasks across a team (SFDC, Totango, Gainsight, ChurnZero).
- Exceptional at addressing issues and team escalations appropriately.
- Independent, self-starter with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent follow-through and resourcefulness, along with attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
Nice to have’s
- Experience using a Project Management tool, preferably Asana.
- Proficient with Salesforce.
- Experience in a Sales role is a plus.
From us to you!
- 🏖️ Summer Fridays – 4-day work weeks for 12 weeks total from May-August 2023
- 🖥️ $500 work-from-home stipend to get you set up for 2023 ($200 annual WFH stipend for all PollEvians after their first year)
- 👩🏻🏫 $1,000 annual self-development budget + 2 additional days of PTO
- 💰$150/month internet & personal cell phone reimbursement
- ☕️ Monthly coffee and or tea subscription 🍵
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do PollEvians. We want to work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds who put a lot of care and pride into their work. We’re committed to providing you with opportunities to learn, and we’re looking to hire people with good judgment.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.