Reports to: Controller
Compensation Range: $140,000 to $175,000 base, plus bonus, and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for our first tax leader and as a 100% remote company with employees in more than 35 states and 3 international countries, you will be in a unique position to build and shape the future of our tax function. You will work closely with various departments on state and federal tax returns, sales & use tax, and domestic & international employment tax. You’ll also work with our registered agent on registration and compliance.
The ideal candidate is excited to participate hands-on in a rapidly growing environment. Working directly with the Controller and cross-departmental stakeholders, you will actively contribute to the overarching goal of helping to fuel the company’s exponential growth.
- Create and implement a strategic tax plan as our first tax leader.
- Work with our Big 4 tax accountants on filing federal and ~35 state income tax returns, as well as calculate tax provisions for two entities.
- Issue annual 1099s to consultants and contractors using Track1099.
- Manage the sales tax and reseller certificates collection process using TaxJar and EXEMPTAX.
- Serve as the liaison between our payroll provider and state registrars to ensure that all employment taxes are filed on time.
- Work closely with our People team and international payroll partners on international employment tax.
- Serve as a technical resource on both domestic and international complex tax issues.
- Build out a tax team as future needs arise. Actively mentor, manage and lead the team with empathy, flexibility and a solutions-oriented style.
What You Bring To The Team:
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with federal & state corporate income tax and sales and use tax
- Familiarity with domestic & international employment tax
- Strong analytical skills, very comfortable with Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, V Lookups) and Google Sheets
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities with demanding timeframes
- Ability to independently research and resolve tasks with minimal supervision with awareness and motivation to collaborate when necessary
- Experience working as part of a small team with varied responsibilities and wide range of focus
- Experience with TaxJar, EXEMPTAX, Rippling, and PapayaGlobal a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in tax or accounting
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.