Who we are…
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in The United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We launched Pearl Health because we believe primary care providers, armed with the proper tools and resources, can have an outsized impact in achieving high-quality, affordable healthcare and in partnership with key specialty physicians can manage and deliver the majority of our critical healthcare. We foresee a shift to an increasingly value-based future where physicians and provider groups will participate in the value they create for the healthcare system and will increasingly require proper tooling, information systems, capital support, and technology to succeed in these models.
We are a team of physicians (Groups), practice-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar), technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to future health in the United States. Today, we support over 600 providers in value-based Medicare models and are on track to substantially increase the Medicare population we will be responsible for managing with our physician partners for 2023 (+$700M of Medicare benchmark risk). Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
What we hope you can do…
We are seeking an exceptional healthcare executive who is eager to help us build our second line of business. Your core focus will be driving the expansion of our value-based primary care offering to Medicare Advantage patients and plans by helping design and execute our strategy to establish a partnership with Medicare Advantage plans by aligning our value powered in risk or subcapitation arrangements with them. You will help us land 1-3 key partnerships for performance year 2024 and expand into a new line of business alongside our traditional medicare book. As we build up our Medicare Advantage book of at-risk lives and physicians, we are seeking someone who can help guide us and attract larger physician groups to participate in at risk arrangements, ultimately culminating in a General Manager or P&L ownership of Medicare Advantage line of business and potentially our Medicare book in its entirety.
This position requires strategic thinking, project design, organizational development, understanding of actuarial and healthcare economics, and entrepreneurship. You should be comfortable with the Medicare Advantage landscape, go to market concepts and playbooks, expansion of a book of business, and strategic thinking and collaboration with relevant teams to facilitate good decision making in a lean operating environment. We expect a substantial aspect of this leadership position will involve leveraging a strong existing network to open doors.
What a Senior Leader, Medicare Advantage means to us…
- Play a key role in developing Pearl’s go-to-market strategy, value proposition, and pitch for MA Plans
- Leverage existing rolodex to build a strong Payer pipeline by Q1
- Articulate vision of enterprise product offering in partnership with tech, data science, and marketing
- Build, manage, execute against targeting methodology, payor prospect funnel, relationships with key targets to achieve key performance indicators
- Facilitate and contribute to a feedback loop around Health Plan targets, based on direct prospect reactions, synthesized insight, and other critical data points
- Serve as steward of sales process for payors with a set minimum number of lives, ensuring that key actions, deliverables, and analysis are delivered on a timely basis to achieve enterprise-focused sales objectives
- Demonstrate aptitude for relationship building and creating an exceptional experience for our providers.
- Design and improve the communication modules, outreach mechanisms, and rewards that further engagement with payor partners
- Identify local and market-specific insights and willingness to travel to assigned geographies for live prospecting
- Attend networking events, community events and conferences to grow relationships
- Perform calculations and leverage analytics to provide prospects and existing partners with forecasted performance metrics
- Work across the organization to ensure successful implementation of critical projects.
Who you are…
- 7-15 years of experience in network contracting and development or other relevant payor leadership-facing field. Experience with ACOs is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- You are relentless, but patient. You are constantly hunting for prospects but also understand that the contracting cycle requires lots of touches with potential partners.
- A passion for improving and optimizing relationships.
- Excited about helping physicians benefit from the value they bring to the healthcare system.
- Willingness to travel for internal company meetings and prospect/customer site visits, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleague’s points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
We are a remote-first company, with concentrations of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area. While the world is in lockdown, we’re all working remotely, but hope to facilitate more in-person time as the Covid situation improves. We expect a large part of our workforce to remain remote after the pandemic ends.
If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.