Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise was founded on the principle that technology and exceptional engineering talent are fundamentally important to our mission. We are committed to our engineers’ career goals and support both IC and management career tracks with heavy investment in each. As a high growth company, there are countless opportunities for innovation, education, mentorship and leadership. We invest in software and tooling to support optimal engineering productivity. Additionally, engineers are provided the latest Macbook Pros for speedy local development builds and performance.
Fundrise is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about creating beautiful, performant, and well-tested iOS applications. You’ll be part of a growing team looking to solve interesting problems while building the future of our groundbreaking real estate investing platform. Our iOS application is a flagship product and our plans this year couldn’t be more ambitious. Mobile Engineers at Fundrise are given ownership of exciting new product deliverables early in their career. Close collaboration with our product and design teams means our engineers are given opportunities to provide feedback and ideas regularly throughout our development process.
Our iOS team also leads its own technical roadmap. We’re exploring all the most exciting Swift technologies – Combine, async/await, SwiftUI, and more. Our growing investor base makes performance and optimization critically important. We are passionate about architecture, testability, tooling, and the latest and greatest Swift patterns.
From day one, Fundrise is committed to our engineers’ career goals. With our expected growth this year, there are countless opportunities for mentorship and leadership. Fundrise also prioritizes investment in our teams. Every engineer is provided the latest gear and peripherals to ensure they are as productive as possible.
- Join a cohesive team of software engineers developing the Fundrise iOS app
- Collaborate with our design and UX to quickly iterate on prototypes
- Review pull-requests and participate in code reviews to ensure software quality
- Work closely with our API team to coordinate releases and manage versioning and upgrades
- Architecting and delivering solutions that will scale smoothly with our rapidly growing user base
- Collaborating with other departments, including product and design, in delivering new features and enhancements.
- Share in the ownership of the app deployment and help drive data-driven decisions around usage analytics and error reporting
- 4 years of experience building a production-level iOS app
- Demonstrated track record of effective communication and coordination with business stakeholders
- Firm grasp of advanced Swift architecture patterns and best practices, including asynchronous programming, dependency injection, and programmatic layouts.
- Excellent understanding of common iOS design patterns (MVVM, Promises, flow control patterns, etc.)
- Experience with unit and UI testing frameworks
- Strong knowledge of data structures and computer science fundamentals
- Solid knowledge of Mixpanel
- Firm grasp of Sentry
- An interest in learning about the finance and real estate industries