We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role
Replit has 18M+ users and is among the world’s most used developer platforms. As the only full-stack language-agnostic IDE and hosting platform in the cloud, we are a developer’s paradise.
In this role, you will be the primary advocate for Replit developers, engaging them through outreach, content, and events. You’ll meet developers where they are and bring them deeper into Replit. You’ll show them how Replit is the best place to build and host software. You’ll also work closely with our engineers to shape the product roadmap through feedback you get and dialogue you engage in.
This is an impactful role at the ground floor of helping build out the developer relations function at Replit. Come change how the world develops, deploys, and consumes software with a team that ships more than FedEx!
What you’ll do
- Build example projects and templates on Replit in a variety of languages (Python, JS, Java, Golang, and more)
- Be a strong voice of the developer across Replit internally; constantly share your learnings
- Foster and develop relationships with professional developers globally
- Deliver engaging talks in-person and online
- Write technical articles for our blog
- Create video tutorials for our YouTube channel
- Promote Replit on social media
- Participate in live coding streams
- Create multimedia content showcasing Replit’s abilities
- Foster relationships with other DevRels to get them to build on top of Replit
- Be a key part of Replit’s product-led-growth strategy
Examples of what you could do:
- Write tutorials for how to build Extensions on Replit
- Create a tutorial instructing users how to use and make the most of Nix on Replit.
- Organize and host a conversation between thought leaders in tech about the future of coding
- Make a video series on how to use Replit at work with our collaboration features
- Live code a GPT3-powered Slackbot using Replit
- Create a yearly lookback like Spotify Wrapped for our developers
- Write a Twitter thread on how we built a new version control system
- Host a live Town Hall with the developer community to kick off and share new features and source user feedback.
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years working in Developer Advocacy/Developer Relations
- Experience as a software engineer or building software on your own that people pay for
- Experience creating technical content for several programming languages and stacks
- Able to communicate technical concepts in a simple and engaging way
- Experience creating both written and video content
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires self-direction and ownership
- Already have a strong following on social media
- Are familiar with Replit and its capabilities
- Have worked as a software engineer or developer advocate in the DevTools space
- Have experience with Nix
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
📱 Monthly Expenses Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)
Want to Learn More?
- Replit Product
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.