Fama is an AI-based software solution that identifies problematic behavior among potential hires and current employees by analyzing publicly available online information. Enterprise HR and talent acquisition leaders trust Fama to identify abusive behaviors, such as bigotry and harassment, that are often missed in the hiring and management process. With Fama, organizations can now proactively protect their culture and brand from the sorts of risky behaviors that can draw down on innovation and expose a brand to liability. Founded in 2015, Fama is backed by some of the world’s leading venture capitalists and institutional investors and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
You will work closely with the product and data science teams to plan for the company’s future by researching, designing, and helping build new products and features for the Fama platform. In addition, you will investigate the state-of-the-art in image, video, and text models to answer product needs.
Who you are:
You’re a talented research scientist interested in innovation in Machine Learning, especially Natural Language Processing and Video Processing. You’re curious and love problem-solving. You like building end-to-end products that have a focus on ethics and reliability. You enjoy challenging projects that require much research.
- Perform research to advance the state-of-the-art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning.
- Maintain our distillation model pipeline and make sure that we maintain an improvement in models’ performance within our product.
- Communicate with departments to understand data requirements and plan new projects.
- Excel at placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc.), finding solutions that work in practice and have a significant effect.
- Research and design models to extract a range of features from video, from toxic behavior monitoring to topics that might represent an individual’s values.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers through Fama’s existing and new products.
- Master’s degree or above in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, statistics, or other relevant majors with relevant publications in your field.
- At least three years of experience in software development or Data Science Solid engineering skills with proficiency in at least Python, SQL, and R.
- Proficiency with data mining and machine learning. You have a deep understanding of and experience in modern machine learning theories, Transformers, and Large Language models.
- Experience using AWS Data stack: Glue, SageMaker, Quicksight, Snowflake, and DBT.
- You can think critically, objectively, and rationally. You can reason and communicate in a results-oriented, data-driven manner with high autonomy.
We believe that becoming an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more successful and resilient organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster and preserve a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.