Groove is a sales productivity platform that enables revenue leaders to increase dollars per rep across every division of the enterprise. More than 70,000 users at customers including Google, Uber, and Capital One leverage Groove to be more efficient and effective. Learn more: https://groove.co.
We value unconventional candidates and people who are looking for stretch roles; therefore, we encourage people to apply even if their experience does not meet every single qualification.
- Work with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Customer Success and Services teams to frame a problem, both mathematically and within the business context
- Write prototype and production-level code; collaborate with Engineering team to implement algorithms in production and productize common solutions
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem
- Construct and fit statistical, machine learning and optimization models
- Utilize commonly used computing and database environments to get the data that you need and implement a working prototype of the formulated model.
- Learn and apply new methodologies in the intersection of applied math / probability / statistics / machine learning / computer science.
- Make intelligent approximations to the model if required to make it scalable.
- Analyze experimental and observational data; communicate findings; facilitate launch decisions
- Identify data sources that could be used to test assumptions
- 5+ years of relevant experience with proven track record of developing algorithms for production ready recommendation or prediction systems using languages and big data platforms such as Scala, Python, R, Java, Spark, Cassandra, and Hadoop
- Proficient in an agile software development environment
- Passion for solving unstructured and non-standard mathematical and behavioral problems
- End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms
- Experience with analytics for sales engagement and sales enablement analyses a big plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, being able to explain complex problems and the solutions applied, feeling comfortable in being part of the sales process, supporting the sales team, engaging with customers and presenting technical solutions to a nontechnical audience
- Experience in data science and data analytics for technology, financial services, and other industries especially in GTM strategy and execution a big plus
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Great team player, willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to solve a problem
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative disciplines with at least 2 years of experience for PhD and at least 5 years of experience for M.S.
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO for US employees
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, employee premiums covered at 99%!
- Company-paid life insurance
- 100% Remote Workforce
- 12 Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide and team-building retreats & virtual events
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
*Benefits and perks may vary per country*
Our Culture and Core Values
At Groove we have three simple values: Team over Self, Care More and Enjoy the Journey and we take them seriously. Our teams are on a journey of building and growing a leading-edge company that drives huge value for our users. Our environment allows for self-motivated people to wear multiple hats, build processes from scratch, think outside the box and work with a diverse team based around the world. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.