A Cloud Engineer increases productivity in the workplace. They understand the software development lifecycle and have spent many years in their career as a software engineer. Developers in this role have a passion for building tools and technology that enable other engineers at Bitso to succeed. A passion for the development process and removing friction from the process of creating and releasing code is essential.
- Design, build, maintain, and support fault-tolerant, reliable, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure.
- Develop systems and tools to enable building new features and improve the cloud functions.
- Guide engineers on the usage of AWS services, like storage, computing, and networking.
- Own and implement robust monitoring solutions and dashboards to identify issues proactively
Who you are:
- Strong knowledge of AWS – one or more of the following: EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, Direct Connect, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Config, CloudTrail, EKS.
- Solid experience with Kubernetes clusters (ideally EKS)
- Amazing Git skills and proficiency with other development tools and IDEs.
- Good understanding of Well-Architected Framework, as well as concepts like Landing Zone.
- Proficient with Infrastructure as a Code tools such as Terraform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we want our team members to be owners of the company. Therefore, as we all together crave for the success of our business, you will be eligible to participate in our stock option plan!
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.