We’re looking for a talented Senior C/C++ Engineer to grow our team working on the backend of our streaming software, Streamlabs OBS. As a full-time developer, you will be responsible for producing high quality code on par with our quality standards.
Our application is open source and interacts with multiple other external dependencies, often open source as well. Part of your mission will be to gain deep knowledge in all sub repositories and be able to maintain and improve them. In addition to that, your goal will be to add new features for our users, improve the performance of the application and its stability.
The Streamlabs segment of Logitech is a software oriented branch working from San Francisco, Vancouver and remotely. We make the leading set of tools and software allowing live streamers to engage with viewers, monetize their broadcasts, and grow their channels.
If you like working on new technologies, have an impact on millions of users, enjoy investigating and resolving user issues and innovate, then this role might be a great fit for you.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Work with a team of highly talented individuals to release new features in a timely manner
- Maintain and resolve complex coding issues in the application
- Improve the CPU and GPU performance of the application
- Create and integrate new C++ modules interacting with third party applications
- Improve our testing infrastructure
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Must have 5+ years of experience in C/C++
- Experience working on Windows with Visual Studio C++
- Experience in video streaming
- Experience creating performance and robust desktop applications
- Experience creating complex products in C/C++
- Experience using git
- Be ready (or can learn quickly) to work with OBS: https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio
- Be a great team member who is willing to listen, learn, teach and be passionate about having a serious impact
- Impact driven mindset
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Experience in video encoding specifically with the H264 codec
- Familiarity with content creation
- A Bachelor’s degree, or preferable Master’s, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact.That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713-4866 for assistance.