**This is a fully remote, non-contract, direct hire (W-2) position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.**
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a Senior Backend Software Engineer (SDE III) for our Wallet Team. We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
In particular, we are looking for an experienced, senior-level backend software developer who enjoys working on large production codebases and possess a relentless drive for getting it right the first time. The team is helping build the next generation of solutions and trading tools and focuses on the technical integration of each new coin. We have fun while we work, and always appreciate people who can maintain a sense of humor under any situation.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers. Depending on role and business needs, you will either work onsite, in a hybrid model or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Work primarily in C#
- Develop a deep understanding of blockchain projects and their software components to facilitate their integration into the Bittrex wallet infrastructure
- Build software components and services that integrate with blockchain APIs to enable monitoring and transferring of funds to/from the exchange platform
- Drive enhancements to our Wallet framework to improve scalability, maintainability, and configurability
- Contribute to the team’s operational excellence, building tools, and frameworks to streamline/automate aspects of the blockchain integration process
- Build new Wallet products and features in alignment with Bittrex business initiatives.
- Nurture an awareness/understanding of blockchain developments with the rest of the organization to surface opportunities for technical and business innovation
- Design, extend and utilize abstractions and interfaces to streamline integrations for separate blockchain protocols
- Demonstrate a dedication to testing, using our existing test frameworks on new projects and extending where appropriate
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience in one or more C-like object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and RESTful API design
- Proficient in object-oriented analysis and design of software design patterns
- Experience with system architecture and end-to-end solution design
- Experience as a mentor or technical lead on a team
- Experience building data-driven software components with enterprise relational database systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Linux and virtualization knowledge (Docker, LXC)
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Blockchain experience (protocols, running nodes, etc.)
- Understanding of cryptography and security fundamentals
- Understanding of blockchain technologies, peer networking, smart contracts, etc.
- Experience building services on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Recruiter Phone Screen (15-30 min)
- Technical Interview (via Zoom, 50 min)
- Interview Loop (via Zoom, 3-4 hours, can be split over two days)
*Prior to each step, we will send tips on what to expect and how to prepare.
Benefits at Bittrex:
- Fully remote work
- Flex office space
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
#BI-Remote #LI-Remote #remotework #LI-KL1
**This is a fully remote, non-contract, direct hire position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.**