Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most, providing personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
Fantasy BE PHP Senior Engineer
A Little About Us:
We are sports fans. We love our teams, our code, products and users. We are also committed to improving ourselves and are looking for someone who shares our values (honesty, integrity, collaboration) to join our team and make us even better. Working in Yahoo Sports is an adventure in delivering first class experiences across multiple devices at scale for an avid fan base you won’t find anywhere else on the planet.
- You are a self-motivated, hands-on software engineer.
- You are a problem solver who constantly thinks about ways to improve. You want to make systems run more efficiently from developer processes to code infrastructure and algorithms.
- You get it done. You know how to go from planning to executing to delivering high quality code to meet established timelines.
- You are a strong communicator, ready and open to the exchange of ideas, clearly articulate thoughts, and voice blockers and updates in an Agile environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent certification
- Technical Experience:
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX
- OOP and software design in PHP
- Familiarity with unit and functional tests
- 4+ years of experience
Nice to Have:
- Building and/or using RESTful APIs
- Web servers like jetty or undertow
- Familiarity with cloud services like AWS
- Experience with MySQL or similar query languages
- Track record of proactively establishing and following through on commitments
- Passion for sports and for delivering products that users simply cannot live without
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $105,375.00 – $223,125.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.