Today, from the moment you connect to the internet, most websites focus on learning everything they can about you. In Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.
To us, this is crazy. We should have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.
Tari is unique with a highly intentional design. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable applications that are highly scalable and secure without spending months on audits.
In addition to stewarding the development of this new protocol, we are building the first application that will use it. This app is Yat, a new censorship-resistant internet identity system that enables everyone to use a personalized string of emojis as their universal username.
Why emojis? Over 90% of online users on Earth use emojis every single day. They are genuinely our global language. We use them to tell stories and connect with others in a beautifully simple way. Yats create a system that allows people to own a single emoji or string of emojis that best represents them. Yats are owned by whoever creates them and are an internet freedom product. Imagine a world where we all own self-sovereign emoji identities that are self-directed, deeply censorship-resistant, and cannot be canceled.
What if instead of johnsmith535, someone could be 🔥🐉 or 👑 🎳(kingpin) or 🦄🤖💃? They could use this unique emoji username to do the same things they could do with a standard username, like sending or receiving money, chatting with friends, or creating a website. This would change how we connect. Instead of one-dimensional email addresses, usernames, or phone numbers that say nothing about us, we could express ourselves in truly remarkable ways. The possibilities are endless.
At Yat Labs, we are building an incredibly talented and dedicated team to make Yat the preferred form of self-sovereign identity for everyone on Earth.
Yat and Tari are the brainchildren of Tari Labs; the fast-growing startup focused on building privacy and pervasive privacy technologies for everyone on Earth. They were both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). They are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, and many more of the best investors in the world.
And who are you? We’re hoping you’re someone who takes the exceptional and exceeds it, who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, and who wants to take a step outside the ordinary to create a world that’s more beautiful, fun, and privacy-oriented.
We have lots of cool stuff cooking behind the scenes and there are even more things we want to build. If you’re a wizard with node.js and Typescript and love building backend tools that make the product hum, then we’d love to chat!
- You’re a webpack guru.
- You love the high-intensity but enriching environment of a startup.
- You can communicate easily and fluently in both written and spoken English.
- You can spend significant periods working in EU daylight hours (7:00 – 17:00 GMT).
- At most, 80% of your communication is in meme form. Sometimes a paragraph tells the whole story.
What You’ll Do:
- No single human could do all of this, but among other things:
- Our main API is built in Rust, but we have a long backlog of tools and services. They need to be built quickly, run reliably, and be ultra-maintainable. Typescript / node.js is just the thing.
- Write and maintain automation tools, like our Discord and Slack bots.
- Build and maintain microservices.
- Integrate sales and data pipeline services from our DB into our Product team’s hands.
- It would be great if you have experience in Cloudflare worker development (though not a necessity).
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Help bring Yat to a billion people.
- 3+ years experience with Typescript.
- 3+ years PostgreSQL experience.
- Experience with CircleCI, Github Actions, and other CI/CD pipelines.
- Having Docker experience is great.
- Having Kubernetes experience is amazing.
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one for the US & Canada
- 401k program for the US
- An Oculus Quest 2 – Our Employee Engagement events happen in VR
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
That’s all to say: these job listings are approximations!
If you’re a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you. We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn’t a 100% fit, don’t worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We only care that you’re the best person for the job.