What You’ll Do:
As an Engineering Manager at Bigleaf, you will lead a team of diverse, talented, remote back-end Engineers through the product development lifecycle (PDLC) from initial requirements and design to full deployment. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with your peers in Engineering, Product, and Support to synthesize customer feedback, formulate business-critical initiatives, align engineering resources with business strategy, and maintain an innovation product roadmap while enhancing our architecture and keeping it robust, secure, and scalable.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
This position is 100% remote!
- Manage and grow a strong engineering team focused on delivering results and engineering excellence across the lifecycle of design, build, test, release, and operate, full ownership model
- Collaborate with business stakeholders including Product, Support, and other Engineering Teams, to define roadmap priorities, and success metrics
- Lead end-to-end execution of projects and help the team meet project commitments in a timely manner, keeping your team focused on business priorities
- Constantly remove impediments to your team’s progress and help your team be successful at releasing quality software with high velocity
- Be an engineering voice and constantly advocate for engineering best practices and agility across the teams and the larger engineering dept.
- Communicate early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and teams across multiple time zones
- Be an aggressive source of finding and attracting engineering talents and keeping talents engaged and motivated
- Be hands-on and participate in bug triage, bug fix, design and development activities as needed
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience as a back-end software developer
- Min 3 years of managing a team of back-end or full stack software developers
- Experience with Linux kernel and TCP/IP stack
- Experience with design, implementation, deployment, and operation of scalable API services
- Understanding of full-stack development ideally using C/C++ and Python technologies
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools such as Jenkins and Docker
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, know how to build trust
- Experience with networking, network security, network protocols and DevOps
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Experience with Agile and Kanban methodologies
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly improve by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan – buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We’re building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications for this role.