Today, from the moment you connect to the internet, most websites focus on learning everything they can about you. In Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.
To us, this is crazy. We should have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.
Tari is unique with a highly intentional design. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable applications that are highly scalable and secure without spending months on audits.
In addition to stewarding the development of this new protocol, we are building the first application that will use it. This app is Yat, a new censorship-resistant internet identity system that enables everyone to use a personalized string of emojis as their universal username.
Why emojis? Over 90% of online users on Earth use emojis every single day. They are genuinely our global language. We use them to tell stories and connect with others in a beautifully simple way. Yats create a system that allows people to own a single emoji or string of emojis that best represents them. Yats are owned by whoever creates them and are an internet freedom product. Imagine a world where we all own self-sovereign emoji identities that are self-directed, deeply censorship-resistant, and cannot be canceled.
What if instead of johnsmith535, someone could be 🔥🐉 or 👑 🎳(kingpin) or 🦄🤖💃? They could use this unique emoji username to do the same things they could do with a standard username, like sending or receiving money, chatting with friends, or creating a website. This would change how we connect. Instead of one-dimensional email addresses, usernames, or phone numbers that say nothing about us, we could express ourselves in truly remarkable ways. The possibilities are endless.
At Yat Labs, we are building an incredibly talented and dedicated team to make Yat the preferred form of self-sovereign identity for everyone on Earth.
Yat and Tari are the brainchildren of Tari Labs; the fast-growing startup focused on building privacy and pervasive privacy technologies for everyone on Earth. They were both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). They are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, and many more of the best investors in the world.
And who are you? Well, we’re hoping you’re someone who takes the exceptional and exceeds it, who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, and who wants to take a step outside the ordinary to create a world that’s more beautiful, fun, and privacy-oriented.
As a Senior Rust Developer, you will build and maintain our API functionality, allowing it to scale to serve millions of users daily. You will contribute to and maintain our highly performant API stack, written in 100% Rust and supported by a PostgreSQL DB stack.
If that sounds like you, join us.
- You have a solid understanding of security protocol stacks and crypto libraries and functions. You know enough cryptography to understand the difference between key signing, hashing, and encryption.
- You thrive on learning new technologies, don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions, and adapt quickly to meet the needs of massive growth and a rapidly evolving environment.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a quick learner and want to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- You can spend significant periods working in EU daylight hours (7:00 – 17:00 GMT).
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain the Rust API and related backend tools.
- Perform code reviews.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Enjoy communicating and engaging with teammates, as well as with the broader community, in written form.
- Take advantage of, and actively use, both long-form communications tools (eg. GitHub issues) as well as instant messaging tools (eg. IRC, MatterMost, Wire), as a natural part of the project’s development.
- Be responsible for designing and scoping development tasks.
- Develop elements of the overall protocol software solution.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer.
- 4+ years experience in building highly trafficked backends and APIs.
- 4+ years experience with PostgresSQL.
- Solid programming experience in Rust, or a willingness to learn it quickly.
- Experience in CircleCI, Github Actions, and other CI/CD pipelines
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one for the US & Canada
- 401k program for the US
- An Oculus Quest 2 – Our Employee Engagement events happen in VR
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
That’s all to say: these job listings are approximations! If you’re a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you.
We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn’t a 100% fit, don’t worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.