While this role may be posted in a particular city and/or state most of our roles are open to hiring throughout the USA/nationwide for all positions.
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a remote-first global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our newly established Data team. The Data team is responsible for building a trusted Data Practice at DroneDeploy that allows for self-service analytics and reporting to non-experts on a single-source-of-truth data warehouse that covers Product, Sales, and Marketing data.
We do this by applying software engineering best practices to the production and maintenance of analytics code to clean and transform raw data into consumable information and business logic on our modern data stack (Fivetran, BigQuery, dbt, GitHub, Datafold, Tableau, Hightouch).
As an early stage contributor, you’ll have the opportunity to build the Data Culture and processes at DroneDeploy, take ownership of Data Modeling for our Data Warehouse and Data Marts, build and maintain Data Pipelines, and have opportunities to assist in building Dashboards and performing Analysis on results. We value initiative and taking ownership of problems.
You’ll be successful in this role if you’re a strong analytical thinker who enjoys developing scalable data models for end consumers. You should be comfortable in a startup environment, juggling requests from both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You should also be an effective communicator, sharing results in a clear and concise way.
- Manage ETL/ELT Pipeline (we use Fivetran/Segment)
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Product stakeholders to translate questions into scalable data models in our Data Warehouse/Marts (we use dbt)
- Write well-documented, human readable, and optimized SQL (we use BigQuery)
- Develop in local environments with Version Control (we use GitHub and Docker)
- Build reports and dashboards using data visualization and BI tools (we use Tableau)
- Write and champion documentation for complex models and business logic and style guides (DBT Docs, Confluence)
- Manage roles/permissions for data access
- Run queries to support ad-hoc questions and create reports and other visualizations for stakeholders (we use connected G-Sheets, Data Studio, Tableau – open to Hex/Jupyter Notebooks, Mode etc.)
- Proven experience in a quantitative/analytical discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 5+ years experience as a Data/Analytics Engineer
- Expert in SQL (ideally BigQuery syntax) and dbt
- Proficient in Git, Python
- Experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Data Studio, Looker, Mode, Metabase, Superset et al.
- Experience collaborating with Product and/or Go-To-Market teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work core team hours (Monday – Friday, 9am to 4pm PT)
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies and processes (we use Agile/SCRUM in JIRA)
- Familiarity with NoSQL (we use MongoDB for our primary Product Database)
- Understanding of CI/CD best practices (we have Github Webhooks -> dbt Cloud)
- Solid programming skills with Python data stack libraries and tools such as pandas, Jupyter Notebooks, Matplotlib, etc.
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.