Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or an option for company-paid access to any WeWork office, from any location in the United States or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We’re seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Single Family Rental team. A successful candidate will have exceptional process improvement capabilities, be attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic.
- Collaborate with real estate and accounting team members on asset acquisitions and development projects
- Assist with research of technical accounting considerations for significant transactions (purchase price allocation, loan origination/modification, consolidation, etc)
- Prepare, review, and post journal entries including both routine and non-routine type entries (acquisitions, accruals, intercompany eliminations, etc)
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly and annual joint venture financial statements for internal and external reporting purposes
- Provide support for questions or requests from external parties, including but not limited to, third party property managers, lenders, and external auditors
- Maintain supporting schedules, work papers, memos, and other financial support
- Assist with creation and/or improvement of accounting processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4 years of total experience related to real estate accounting
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with single family home business
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage work flows to meet deadlines
- Experience using MRI
- Exposure to diverse asset classes including single-family, industrial, and multi-family
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave