Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting and Equity (Remote)
Weedmaps is seeking a Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting and Equity, with an analytical mind and excellent interpersonal skills, to join our accounting team. This role contributes to our external financial reporting processes and assists with the administration and accounting of the company’s equity plans.
The impact you’ll make:
- Prepare, review and maintain supporting documentation for SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K.
- Prepare and manage XBRL tagging related to SEC filings.
- Prepare tie-out files, disclosure checklists, and other work papers.
- Ensure timely processing of equity plan activities, including new grants, forfeitures, terminations, and employee information.
- Prepare monthly stock-based compensation (ASC 718) work papers and journal entries.
- Collaborate with the stock plan administrator, people operations, legal, and payroll to ensure data integrity.
- Prepare the quarterly financial reporting footnote disclosures related to equity compensation.
- Maintain adequate internal controls for SOX in your areas of responsibility.
- Research, analyze, and conclude on technical accounting issues, including preparing memorandums regarding the Company’s position.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting closes.
- Assist with other areas of accounting and financial reporting as needed.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Minimum four years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Experience with SEC financial reporting
- Experience with ASC 718 stock-based compensation
- Strong proficiency with Excel and data management
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer-paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer-paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer-paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings), including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit, and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com, and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance; we appreciate your interest in working with us!