Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive, to join our go-to-market team and be responsible for leading the full sales lifecycle from prospect to close. This position models a value-based, consultative selling approach; establishing trust in multiple parts (product teams, IT, finance, etc.) and the C-level/Executive Sponsors within an organization. Also, this Senior Account Executive prospects, partners with internal resources – Sales Development, Customer Success, and Marketing to connect with key partners to help drive new outbound business opportunities and contribute to our growth as a company.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to work in the Aerospace, Defense vertical; one of our largest and fastest-growing industry domains where some of our most exciting customers are.
What You’ll Do:
- Raise awareness and generate interest for Jama Connect through targeted emails, video recordings, cold calling, and social outreach to prospective customers.
- Strategically pursues the territory to unearth suitable opportunities for Jama Software.
- Own the message and accurately position the value of Jama Connect to prospective customers on an individual basis by demonstrating examples and success stories for how Jama has solved similar challenges, leading to positive outcomes.
- Manage new business and expansion accounts, and identify top individual prospects for targeted outbound efforts.
- Lead customers through the sales process, building a Customer Engagement Plan that details the steps vital to get to a successful Close.
- Maintain a consistently high level of outbound effort in a remote-first environment.
- Understand the complexity of problems facing enterprise-level customers, breaking the complexity into simple and meaningful components through the successful implementation of Jama Software and our services.
- Gather & analyze intelligence about the market, identifying trends about key prospects.
- Effectively use internal resources to improve territory and opportunities.
- Participate in regular planning, strategy, and training meetings with our horizontal industry team.
- Model good sales practices and maintain accurate opportunity records.
- Analyze and interpret pipeline data, identifying trends to more accurately predict deal cycles.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of proven experience with enterprise-level sales
- Experience selling into an organization at multiple levels (C-suite/Executive Sponsor) and multiple divisions (product, marketing, IT, etc.).
- Systems Engineering/Application Lifecycle Management market knowledge.
- Excellent listener who understands and relates to highly sophisticated customer challenges and business problems.
- Track record of quota and goal achievement.
- Consistent record of developing a mentor/champion within the customer account.
Nice to Have:
- Selling to A&D vertical, especially the Federal government / Department of Defense.
Perks and Benefits:
- Virtual first and culturally diverse work environment spanning 8 countries.
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions.
- Flexible time off and leave programs crafted to meet the needs for your rejuvenation and extra support to cope with life events with a quarterly $75 wellness reimbursement.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans with pre-tax savings accounts and a generous 401(k) employer match.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave to bond with your new family member.
- Emphasis on learning and development at all levels with a subscription to LinkedIn Learning.
If you get to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Jama Software’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.