Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an analytical Search Engine Marketing Manager to join our Performance Marketing team and lead the optimization of multiple Product Listings Ads / Search Engine Marketing campaigns. She or he should be accustomed to: analyzing and managing large-scale Google, Bing, and other campaigns, translating strategy into concrete plans with agencies and internal partners, leveraging data-driven insights to design rigorous campaign and feed experiments, and iterating upon campaign & audience segmentation approaches to refine paid investment efficiency.
It’s an exciting time at Etsy. We are bringing our mission of making commerce human to life. Join our rapidly growing Marketing organization where your contribution will make a big impact and positive difference in real people’s lives. We are constantly exploring new ways to acquire, activate, and retain engaged buyers. We demonstrate daily how data-driven insights, creativity, and innovative-thinking can craft strategy and campaigns that lead to global growth.
This is a full-time, position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY, reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
In this role you will:
- Oversees day to day management of large portions of Etsy’s Global SEM / PLA program, optimizing towards strict performance goals via campaign development, testing, learning, bid strategies, targeting, and optimization to GMS and revenue
- Manages external agencies and technologies effectively towards rigorous ROI goals; maximizing service/offerings and recognizing needs for strategic guidance/gaps in internal resources
- Delivers reporting, insights, and forecasts that accurately and appropriately measures channel performance on a daily through annual basis
- Works with analytics to build incrementality tests to set up accurate attribution models for all tactics within the channel and discover optimization opportunities cross-channel
- Collaborates with internal, cross-functional partners to strengthen the PLA program such as feed optimization with engineering.
- Stays on top of the always-evolving digital marketing landscape, from industry news to emerging technology
- You have 5+ years demonstrated success in managing all aspects of large-scale ($25M+) PLA and SEM campaigns to specific ROI goals; Experience in e-commerce and multi-sided marketplaces is preferred.
- You have deep familiarity with a bid management tool (ex. Kenshoo, Marin, etc.), multi-touch attribution models, and web/app tracking. Background in multivariate testing is a plus.
- You have worked with product catalogs of over 10k+ SKUs and identified high-impact feed optimization opportunities.
- You have the ability to assess and communicate key strategic risks and opportunities
- You have familiarity across programmatic and other display and social channels
- You have familiarity with data platform tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Google Analytics
- You have deep experience with advanced multi-touch attribution (MTA) models and optimization to that attribution, including with partners like Neustar, AppsFlyer, VisualIQ, etc.
- You have strong critical thinking skills coupled with a bias towards action so as to anticipate and navigate the constantly changing marketing landscape
- You are a natural collaborator who is able to build positive relationships across the company and drive decision-making
- Candidates with SQL experience – translating raw data into insights to guide campaign optimization decisions – are preferred
- Experience overseeing integrations and optimization with feed partners like DataFeedWatch, Feedonomics, and Salmon is preferred
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.