Sales, Strategic Partnership Development
Location: Flexible within the US with preference for residents in the Southwestern or Southeastern states (approximately 30% travel contingent upon organizational/state/federal regulations)
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high-quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools – both district and charter – in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partners. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power, and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
The Partnership Development team’s vision is to advance educational equity by understanding and connecting the context, needs, opportunities, and goals of potential partners to ANet’s products and services. We recognize that racism and bias negatively impact educational equity for historically marginalized students; therefore, taking action rooted in a deep analysis of these truths can improve outcomes for historically marginalized students.
As a Sales, Strategic Partnership Developer, you will lead ANet’s growth efforts by prioritizing schools and systems for cultivation, building relationships with these schools and systems over time, securing contracts for partnerships, and ultimately, transitioning these partners for strong service. This critical work will ensure our partners receive the support they need to improve school leadership, instruction, and student learning. This position will report to the Vice President, Partnership Development, and will be a member of ANet’s Partnership Success team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Launch $1.5M-$2M in new partnerships annually by continuously moving opportunities through the full sales cycle
- Remove perceived barriers to partnerships by finding opportunities to customize support or troubleshoot procurement issues
- Show persistence in your followthrough, not allowing opportunities to “get stuck” for long periods
- Identify how you can utilize your teammates for their expertise, relationships, or local context
- Ensure that proposals are appropriately scoped, well-sequenced, and developed to set up ANet teams for successful execution of excellent service to our partners
Create a multiyear vision and growth strategy for scaling ANet’s impact across a defined geographic territory
- Within a large territory (10-15 states), identify where you will focus your efforts and how ANet is uniquely positioned to help prospective partners advance racial equity for their students
- Generate and act on unique ideas for how ANet can engage prospective partners (particularly where none exist) without relying solely on your personal network and/or leveraging tactics like cold emailing or mass outreach strategies
Establish yourself as an academic strategy thought leader, elevate ANet’s full value proposition and engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Cultivate deep relationships with a network of K-12 leaders, local funders, and other stakeholders as you build deeper familiarity with ANet’s tools and supports
- Ensure ANet is seen as a best-in-class partner for setting and implementing equity-centered academic strategy work that ultimately creates empowering student learning environments
- Maintain familiarity with current trends across the K-12 sector, and connect ANet’s work to emerging conversations and local priorities
- Represent ANet at external functions (in-person and virtual) and develop comfort explaining our full value proposition to prospective partners
Conduct conversations with potential partners or stakeholders as a strategic advisor and thought partner, deeply understanding their needs and identifying solutions that reflect their local context
- You are able to offer ideas, resources, and insights at the moment that directly connect to a prospective client’s primary challenges
- You are able to showcase ANet’s full potential value as a trusted advisor throughout the cultivation process
- You have familiarity with both regional and national K-12 trends and are seen as both locally connected while bringing a national perspective to your partners
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- You bring prior experience building revenue-generating partnerships to advance the mission of an organization and/or drive sales where you’ve had to quickly demonstrate credibility and expertise with potential partners.
- You have a track record of using your expertise to listen keenly to underlying needs, provide unique insights and value to decision-makers, and design and implement solutions for partners that work within their context.
- You excel at building trusted and authentic relationships. You network, build connections and can navigate your way to key decision-makers effectively building rapport that engages, grows perspectives, builds advocates, and drives action.
- You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
- You know yourself and operate in alignment with your personal style when interacting with potential partners, and you orient towards optimism about what’s possible through working together, command some level of gravitas, and are willing to balance listening with proactively asserting recommendations.
- You are self-organized and can project manage and operate interdependently across internal teams. You strategically plan and prioritize your time aligned to the highest-impact moves to successfully cultivate partners at each stage of their customer journey.
- You like learning new things, teaming up with others, are willing to collaborate, learn on the job, and actively contribute to a professional learning community.
- You hold a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred but not required qualifications:
- Prior experience as a school or district leader, and/or working as a consultant within the K-12 education space.
- Reside in the Southwestern or Southeastern United States
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values-driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having an impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience in a similar role and qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid-time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.