Articulate is looking for a Product Specialist to join our amazing team. As a Product Specialist, you will be responsible for using a teach, tailor, & take control sales approach to proactively move prospects through the sales cycle. You thrive in an environment with tons of autonomy, love a high-volume, fast-paced environment, and work well as part of a team that is laser-focused on providing an outstanding experience for Articulate users as well as internal colleagues.
What you’ll do:
- Manage pipeline by proactively leading prospects through the sales process using Challenger Sales methodology
- Develop a deep understanding of Articulate 360 and demonstrate competency around other Articulate products
- Take control of the sales process by understanding prospect pain points, challenging prospect assumptions, creating constructive tension, providing commercial teaching, and closing Articulate 360 sales
- Teach prospects about their industries and offer unique insights that cause prospects to think differently about their business
- Conduct needs analysis with prospects and provide product demonstrations that solve the needs of the prospect
- Use insights and consultative selling techniques to teach prospects about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, linking back to Articulate solutions
- Create sales quotes and explain Articulate subscription options to prospects
- Meet (and exceed) corporate revenue goals
- Work cooperatively with other Articulate teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Handle critical sales prospect phone transfers from Sales Support Specialist team
- Keep current with existing and new apps as well as industry trends.
- Be available during requested business hours, Monday – Friday to respond to incoming sales inquiries (unless prior approval from management has been given)
- Other sales duties as assigned
- No cold calling
What you should have:
- A minimum 2 years of experience in a sales or business development role
- Solid computer skills, including experience with Salesforce and/or Salesloft
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through, with the ability to handle and prioritize high-volume activities without letting anything fall through the cracks
- Ability to tailor communication to the prospect’s needs with authority and has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independence at managing your personal sales pipeline, and other duties as assigned or time allows
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Positive, energetic phone presence
- Thoughtfulness and be a trustworthy doer
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- Familiarity with the e-learning space and the product offerings for authoring tools and learning management systems
- Fundamental understanding of Challenger Sales methodology
- Worked in a remote environment
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.