AppOmni is the leader in ubiquitous SaaS Security, defining the SaaS Security Posture Management market. We’re a fast-growing Series C company and have achieved strong triple-digit ARR growth each of the past 3 years. Our customer base includes 30% of the Fortune 25 companies as well as global leaders across banking, finance, healthcare, security, and telecom. As we help secure the Enterprise’s SaaS applications, a critical route to market is capitalizing on our SaaS platform partnerships.
A Sales Engineering Manager at AppOmni plays an integral role in the sale of our AppOmni SaaS Security platform. The Sales Engineering manager will be responsible for managing all facets of the Sales Engineering function, which includes Leading, Recruiting and Development and training of US based Sales Engineers. The SE Manager ensures technical + professional excellence in the technical aspect of the sales cycles performed by the Sales Engineering Team to contribute to our overall sales success.
- Complete AppOmni demonstrations and presentations of the AppOmni platform. Ability to implement and/or lead the implementation of AppOmni in proof of concepts where customers or prospects evaluate AppOmni
- Sales Cycle Leadership: The SE Manager is expected to be personally involved in the most important US sales cycles to ensure the highest possibility of success. This may include individual contribution to or owning technical sales cycles
- Leadership: The SE Manager leads, supports and challenges the US SE team, giving guidance on individual and company objectives. The SE Manager works closely with the US Sales Directors, VP Sales Engineering and other functions.
- Recruiting, Developing and Managing: The role is expected to lead, recruit and develop the highest caliber Sales Engineers. Development includes onboarding of New Hires, ensuring all Sales Engineers are ready to perform their duties in sales cycles and supporting personal career development. Management includes ensuring all tasks are completed and performed at the highest level of quality
- Effectiveness and High-Quality: The role ensures the team is up to speed on latest Positioning and Demonstration Content and Practices. Deliverables to customers are of high quality following and nurturing best practices.
- Active contribution to the Sales Engineering Economy: Motivate the team to share best practices, analyze latest market trends and contribute to sales material.
- Act as liaison between customers, prospects and AppOmni product management for feature and function requests
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent business or technical education
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales Engineering or Technical Leadership Role
- 3-5 years’ experience in security pre-sales / SE management roles
- General knowledge of SaaS/cloud security and API based security solutions
- SaaS SME expertise is a plus
- Experience in leadership and/or management, ideally in distributed environment
- Exceptional oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability and can do attitude
- Ability to articulate complex topics to novice or technical audience, and to translate technical advantages into business benefits
- Engaged, positive attitude able to prioritize in demanding environment
- Ability to travel
- Highly experienced executive leadership
- A team of talented individuals who love answering questions
- A high bar for quality and commitment to self-improvement and personal growth
- A flexible, remote-first company
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
We believe in cultivating excellence – within ourselves, and in the work that we do. Our team of customer-centric, data- driven experts are brought together by the shared passion to create tools for the greater good. Our tribe is determined to make a difference, to positively impact our way of life by securing the technology that is changing the world.
We believe in being a trusted and transparent partner to our customers, and we are fervent about providing them with high-quality, useable, and dependable software focused on the human experience, built out of a culture of coopetition and a deep understanding of their needs and goals.
We value our people and know that wellness and a healthy work/life balance enables you to thrive and bring us your best. An autonomous schedule, flexible commute, and freedom from punching a clock means you are empowered to enjoy life, work when inspired, and available when needed.
AppOmni is a leading provider of SaaS Security Management software. The company was founded by a team of security veterans from top SaaS providers and cybersecurity vendors, and its customer base includes global leaders across technology, healthcare, banking, and finance as well as many of the most well-known cybersecurity providers.
AppOmni’s patented technology scans APIs, security controls, and configuration settings to compare the current state of enterprise SaaS deployments against best practices and business intent. The solution offers fast deployment, instant visibility, and makes it easy for security and IT teams to secure their entire SaaS environment from each vendor to every end user. As SaaS applications evolve, AppOmni stays current with all updates and releases to keep customer environments secure over time.