Join Skilljar’s SDR team that is building sales pipeline to help power our excellent growth. You’ll learn from a diverse and experienced leadership team as you develop and succeed with the leader in Customer Education software–an exciting and emerging category. This team is highly competitive and collaborative. We all want to win, and it’s even better when we do it together.
Outstanding performers will have the opportunity to grow into other roles within the company, including the Account Executive position, to jump-start a career in B2B SaaS sales. This is a fantastic role for driven, coachable, and high-judgment individuals to get in early at a rapidly accelerating startup that is already serving hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients!
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve. Call it what you want: grit, competitive spirit, hustle…the bottom line is this role is for anyone that wants to compete and win. What will motivate you when the going gets tough?
- Have positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills.
- Possess excellent organization skills, a keen attention to detail, a love of customers, and creative problem solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a collaboratively competitive environment. Make others around you better while achieving your own goals!
- Have insatiable curiosity and are committed to lifelong learning (growth mindset) and continuous development (i.e. be better today than you were yesterday).
- Are coachable–don’t just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, and digest feedback critically and adapt to overcome challenges.
Would you like to be responsible for:
- Creating a great first impression for customer prospects by providing them with a world-class experience.
- Researching and identifying future customer companies and contacts to find great candidates to prospect into.
- Engaging with potential customers via phone, email, LinkedIn, and chat to understand their business needs and identify the ways that Skilljar can help.
- Maintaining high engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications crafted to increase customer curiosity about Skilljar.
- Scheduling qualified meetings and develop pipeline to fuel Skilljar’s revenue.
- Collaborating closely with Account Executives and marketing to achieve mutually aligned sales quotas each month.
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business.
A bit more about you:
- Past success in an SDR role is strongly preferred, especially if you have previous outbound experience.
- Startup experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of proven experience required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Insight Partners, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the best external Learning Management System (LMS) for educating customers and partners. We help companies drive faster adoption, grow revenue, and lower their cost to support their customers through learning. Trusted by leading customer-centric companies like Zillow, LinkedIn, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides all of the tools for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar operates remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, and many more states.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.