Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency. Over 115 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 2 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
Sales at Swiftly
The Swiftly Marketing and Sales team crafts the Swiftly narrative and shares our work with prospective authorities and operators in compelling, human ways. We challenge ourselves and one another to approach old problems in new ways, and we embrace failures as learning opportunities – if you’re not failing occasionally, you’re not putting yourself in a position to succeed! The team cares deeply about the problem we’re solving, so we empathize with and listen to our customers to build partnerships and deepen our value proposition. We thrive with constraints, getting creative to execute on a variety of deliverables in collaboration with other teams. Lastly, while we love to win, we know that the best means to that end on a broad scale is to support our colleagues and win as a team.
About the Role
As a Transport Development Representative, you will be responsible for starting conversations with agencies in our core markets and understanding what public transport projects they are working on. Your role will be to introduce Swiftly and qualify the opportunity to accomplish or exceed their expectations with the Swiftly Platform. You will also work as a bridge between the Marketing team and the Sales team, effectively turning Marketing Qualified Leads into Sales Qualified Leads (MQLs to SQLs).
This a remote position however we are looking for candidates based in the UK or Spain.
- Identifying public transport authorities and public transport operators across Europe
- Understanding the market dynamics between authorities and operators in each country and city.
- Working with the Sales and Marketing team to develop account-based plans to target and nurture accounts strategically.
- Reviewing transport agencies’ websites to understand and document their upcoming public transport initiatives.
- Identifying the right contacts at the agencies we should be speaking to that might be interested in improving their networks.
- Sourcing data from transport agencies and maintaining, updating and organizing our records to ensure we are always contacting the correct individuals at transport agencies.
- Introducing Swiftly to transit authorities and operators through a combination of tactful emails, phone calls and LinkedIn outreach.
- Ensuring that the process by which you are conducting your outreach aligns with both the Sales and Marketing teams’ objectives.
- Identifying publicly available public transport data to integrate into the Swiftly platform and facilitate outreach efforts.
- Analyzing agencies’ transport networks using tools we have developed to find interesting operational inefficiencies.
- Prepare and assist to conferences with possible international travel
- Our ideal TDR hire should have 1 year experience working in the public transport space and/or reaching out to stakeholders and communicating professionally, and excel at:
- Learning a new space quickly: while we don’t expect all candidates to be public transport experts, you will need to learn how to knowledgeably engage with transport exports through guided and self-directed learning.
- Interacting with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- Conducting independent research to anticipate agency needs and understand their initiatives before having discussions with agencies.
- Excellent communication skills over the phone, in person, and via email.
- Communicating internally with different teams and a variety of personalities.
- Synthesizing complicated issues/situations/products and explaining technical topics simply.
- Being able to take a “big picture approach” to internal and external situations.
- Learning from failures – seeing opportunities for learning when agencies do not respond to emails or request no further solicitations.
- Enjoying traveling to conferences and meeting new people.
Beyond the Skills:
– We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
– Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
– Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
– Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
– Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
– Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
– Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
– Competitive salary
– Stock options for every employee
– Home office setup reimbursement
– Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
– Monthly Education Reimbursement
– Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
– Flexible work environment
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
– Why are you passionate about mobility?
– What interests you about Swiftly?
We are an equal opportunity employer – we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.