What We’re Looking For:
The Sales Account Executive is responsible for owning all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting new organizations, completing needs analyses and proposing suitable solutions. They are required to implement a balanced approach of new business development and account management activities that involves a high outreach strategy, establishing great relationships, and implementing account specific strategies that meet the needs of their prospective client. This role reports to the Director, Enterprise Sales and collaborates with the wider enterprise sales team to achieve their revenue goals.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Achieve an annual sales quota
- Achieve deal sizes of up to $150,000
- Developing a client base of 30 to 60 client accounts through a customer contact strategy that includes regular virtual interaction (face to face depending on Covid regulations), creating multiple contact points in each corporate account, and personal relationship building with these contacts
- Maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities by continuously researching and prospecting new business opportunities through cold calling, and alternative reach out methods
- Maximizing the contribution to overall company performance, by generating recurring revenue from these corporate customers
- Continuously researching and prospecting new business opportunities through cold calling, and alternative reach out methods
- Pitching and presenting 2U’s product offerings to new business opportunities and existing clients
- Supported by the Director, Enterprise Sales, completing regular needs analyses, formulating proposals, detailing costing, and negotiating payment terms with organizations
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3 – 4 Year Marketing or Sales related qualification
- 3 – 4 Years business development or account management experience in a B2B environment – preferably SAAS technologies; IT; or online education
- Experience dealing with, and successfully, influencing high level/C-suite executives
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Ability to multitask, manage projects and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation skills and creativity
- New business development experience
- Account Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic data analysis skills
- Willingness to travel internationally & domestically
- Drivers license
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.