While this role may be posted in a particular city and/or state most of our roles are open to hiring throughout the USA/nationwide for all positions.
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a remote-first global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Manager to join our team. We’re small, dynamic, fast-moving and developing on the cutting edge of drone & digital twin technology and image processing. You will play a critical role in building Revenue Accounting function to help our rapidly growing business. We value initiative and taking ownership of problems.
- Lead Revenue function including the cleaning up of historical data
- Review customer contracts to determine accounting under ASC606, document conclusions, and adjust in accounting system accordingly
- Continuous development and execution of revenue close procedures, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Work cross functionally to develop system flows and integration for the order to cash process, with a focus on revenue recognition
- Perform clean up of gross margin, particularly on professional services revenue and COGs, and perform monthly gross margin analysis for subscription revenue and professional service revenue going forward.
- Prepare and review revenue journal entries/reconciliations
- Ensure all systems, source of truth are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Maintain and reconcile deferred revenue schedule with GL
- Manage AR and collections efforts and accountants
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum 5 years of revenue accounting experience required
- Advanced knowledge of ASC606 revenue accounting guidance and implementation of ASC606 experience is a plus
- Strong proficiency with Excel required
- Startup experience in SAAS
- CPA preferred but not required
- An independent, self-motivated individual with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Self-Starter with a great work ethic
- Analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision-making skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with prior experience monitoring and validating data
- Comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Have hustle and an ability to execute and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce or equivalent systems.
- Able to work 9-3 pm PST
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.