Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about digital assets to millions of investors. Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role
We are building a world-class research team at Blockworks to provide deep, protocol-level coverage of DeFi assets to our audience of professional investors.
Blockworks Research is looking for an experienced Copy Editor to provide proofreading and editing expertise to research reports prior to publication.
We are looking for someone with 2+ years experience editing at a crypto or finance publication. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
In this role, you will report directly to our Director of Research and will:
- Proofread, fact-check, and edit research content and long form pieces.
- Edit crypto and web3 related research for accuracy and continuity; as well as for style, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Bring consistency and cohesion to deep dive reports covering a wide range of complex financial and crypto topics (staking, lending, borrowing, yield, stablecoins, options & derivatives, Layer 1/2s, cross chain dynamics, etc.)
- Maintain and update style guides for Research content in collaboration with Product and Design teams.
- Ensure charts and data visualizations are properly embedded and accurately match the written content prior to publication.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years working as an in-house copy editor on a high volume editorial or research team
- Passion for copy editing, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast pace, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Thoughtful, curious, self-motivated, positive team player
- Demonstrated familiarity with cryptocurrency ecosystem, including crypto assets and DeFi protocols, NFTs, stablecoins, publicly traded crypto companies, and more
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Copy Editor + Your Name” in the subject line. You should include: your resume, a link to your Twitter or LinkedIn, and one paragraph about why you’re a great fit for this role.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com