Blockworks: Summer Interns
Excited about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, the metaverse and decentralized finance? Hoping for a chance to hone your journalism skills in a fast-paced and supportive environment?
A summer internship with Blockworks might be just what you’re looking for!
Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media company. We are best known for our editorial news site, network of podcasts and global conference series.
We are based in New York City and will give preference to candidates who will be able to work in person at our office, located in the Williamsburg area of Brooklyn, NY.
We have an opportunity for two enthusiastic, hard-working budding journalists to intern with us for up to three months this summer. You’ll contribute to our team of editors and reporters, and produce macro- and crypto-oriented content for our readership of top-shelf investors.
You’ll get experience working in a fast-paced, business-to-business publication focused on covering digital assets and finance. You will be responsible for producing timely articles that speak to the institutional community within the crypto space, including investors and sophisticated market participants. You will also support our team of reporters by helping with research, data collection, sourcing quotes and commentary, and more.
In this role, you will:
- Begin to develop a sense of the day’s most important crypto news
- Generate distinctive story ideas
- Learn to navigate and network with industry sources
- Write and co-write engaging pieces on daily deadlines that convey crypto topics in the Blockworks signature voice
- Contribute to longer, more deeply reported pieces that surprise and delight our readers, showing them how the world of crypto really works
- Effectively use social media to share your pieces and grow our audience
- Get paid for your efforts
What You’ll Bring:
- An interest in understanding the crypto and financial markets (stock market, currencies, institutional investment world, digital assets, cryptocurrencies, etc.)
- Prior writing and/or reporting experience at university newspapers, publications and/or magazines
- An understanding of how to leverage social media to engage our audience
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to operate in a collaborative environment
- Experience writing short-form and long-form content
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit a resume and three samples of your best-written work to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship + your name” in the subject line.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com