Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
Your work will be a diverse landscape ranging from application validation, integrating and stabilizing components, analyzing data and yielding trustworthy quality signals to enable delivery to our customers. You will continuously improve our quality engineering practice, set a professional working example for peers to follow and guide engineers in best practices to incorporate quality in their day-to-day.
To be successful, you will have demonstrable experience with software and data testing, devising and implementing test automation, the software development lifecycle, GIS/spatial technologies and a solid track record of product delivery to customers.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will define quality strategy and requirements
- You will generate and execute test plans
- You will drive functional, integration and E2E testing
- You will assess and refine data quality
- You will identify, design and implement test automation opportunities
- You will impart a quality management culture amongst peers
We’d love to hear from you (required) if:
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You possess either an undergrad degree in CS, GIS or Software Engineering OR applicable professional experience
- You have 2+ yrs professional experience delivering software and data products in the services and mobile space
- You are proficient with at least one modern programming language, we are a Python shop
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You have an advanced degree in CS, GIS or Software Engineering
- You have experience with mapping, spatial data or associated toolsets
Benefits & Perks: We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
If you are interested in being considered, please take a second to share more about yourself.
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about Related Experience is the best way to guarantee an interview.
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle area are strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. Furthermore, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.